At the Mercedes-AMG Petronas Formula One Team, a group of passionate and determined people work to design, develop, manufacture and race the cars driven by seven-time World Champion Lewis Hamilton and rising star George Russell.
The Team has set a new benchmark for Formula One success during the sport’s current Hybrid era, winning consecutive Drivers’ and Constructors’ World Championships in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020, and the Constructors’ Championship in 2021.
Based within the Mechanical Design Group within our Design Office, you will undertake design projects from concept, through to design, testing, and integration on the race car.
Using a creative, analytical approach alongside detailed design work, you will support senior engineers with large projects as well as projects of your own.
Supported and mentored by experienced engineers, you will develop your skills and knowledge, connecting the theory you have learnt into practice
- Supporting senior group members with large mechanical/composite design projects.
- Assisting with the design and development of innovative components and solutions.
- Generating 3D models, Assemblies and 2D drawings including defining and documenting manufacturing information.
- Close collaboration with internal and external manufacturing departments to ensure fully integrated designs that achieve optimal car performance.
- Design and drawing of supporting equipment such as tooling.
- Ownership of your components from design, through testing, to implementation on the race car.
What we are looking for:
- A strong degree (2:1 grade or equivalent is desirable) in Mechanical, Automotive, Motorsport Engineering or similar.
- Knowledge of CATIA V5/3DX an advantage but not essential.
- An interest in mechanical and composite design, materials, and manufacturing techniques.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High attention to detail while being able to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
We are looking for engineers who have an open and curios mind, a creative approach to engineering problems and are keen to develop themselves further in a demanding team orientated role.
Flexibility in hours and approach is required, along with a ‘can do’, ‘team-playing’ attitude and the ability to work to strict deadlines under minimal supervision. If you are interested in gaining invaluable experience within an innovative, forward-looking Formula One TM team then please apply and have your CV and covering letter ready to upload as one document within the application.
What do we offer:
At the heart of our performance are our people. Every member of our team has a voice and plays their part in contributing to our successes on and off the racetrack.
We take pride in creating an innovative, collaborative and high-performance culture where all of our team members are respected, empowered and valued.
Through our Accelerate 25 programme, we are continuously working to make our team even more diverse and inclusive. We welcome applications from all and are committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining the most talented individuals.
Our riverside campus is powered by 100% renewably sourced energy and features an on-site gym and exercise studio, subsidised restaurant and on-site parking with EV chargers available.
We offer a competitive and attractive package of benefits including a generous bonus scheme, Mercedes car lease scheme, private medical cover, life assurance and 25 days holiday. We pride ourselves on our family-friendly environment and employee well-being programmes.
The selection process:
Upon application candidates will be asked to undertake online testing. Successful candidates will then be invited to an assessment centre on either 15 December 2022 or 19 December 2022.