WHAT TO EXPECT
This role supports the Digital Product Platform team.
Working within the DPP team as your home base, you will be assigned one of the functional organisational groups within DPP to work with.
* You will work closely with the management team of the selected functional group in order to gather in and collate their budgetary spend requirements.
* You will capture the requirements on a budget plan which you will maintain on behalf of the functional group you are representing.
* On a weekly basis you will agree with the functional area which ‘line items' need to progress to Financial approval. You will work with the functional team to ensure the requirements to support their requests are all in place (eg valid supplier quotes, raising of shopping carts in JLR SAP system), and then ensure those items are submitted in an accurate and timely manner onto the central approval file.
* You will provide a regular overall financial status to the team you are representing via attendance at their weekly management budget review.
Key Performance Indicators
* Maintaining accuracy of budget plan - showing committed and not committed items.
* Right first time approvals submission - Accuracy of submission.
* Maintaining timing deadlines.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Coordinate and deliver operational processes for the Business Operations team outlined in ensuring
* deliverables meet strategic objectives of the area.
* Accountable to the Factory Manager of the Digital Product Platform Business Operations team and dotted line accountability to the Chief Engineer of the functional area you are representing.
* Maintenance of overall budget plan for the department
* Submission of spend requirements into weekly approvals meeting.
* Regular contact with the DPP management team in the functional area that you are representing up to LL4 level.
* Supporting individuals within the functional team, mainly in the area of process guidance where there are seeking to get expenditures approved.
* Supporting requirements of your Factory Manager in the DPP team.
* Working closely with your counterpart colleagues in DPP (who do a similar role but for other functional areas), to ensure as a team you are working in a consistent and aligned way, and also sharing best practices.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Relevant previous experience in a business processes or Financial environment.
* Financially literate - eg understands principles of commitment / expenditure / cashflow / accruals.
* Good MS Office suite: Word, PowerPoint and Excel and experience of Google tools
* Ability to work accurately and against fixed timing deadlines - requires work to be planned and prioritised.
* Strong stakeholder management skills including clear communication - written / verbal
* Knowledge of key relevant business systems and processes eg JLR SAP / RADS system - but full training will be given as required.
* A knowledge of Agile working
* Experience of automotive engineering environment.
* Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred.
* An individual with a customer first mindset who is easy to do business with and makes people feel special, driven to deliver experiences that are personalised, transparent and dependable.
* An individual who is results driven with the ability to deliver operational plans in a demanding environment
* An individual with the ability to prioritise their work load
* A good communicator with the ability to communicate complex ideas
* An effective team player who supports team member
* Resilient and enthusiastic, an individual able to deliver results under pressure