Amazon is seeking a collaborative electrical maintenance engineer for our Amazon Web Services Team.
This engineering operations technician (EOT) position serves as the on-site maintenance technician and operator for an AWS data centre.
You will learn to become responsible for operating and maintaining all electrical, mechanical, emergency generator, and fire/life safety equipment within the data centre. Data centre equipment that supports mission-critical servers must maintain better than 99.999% uptime. EOT’s are also tasked with driving innovation while reducing operational costs in the facilities.
EOT’s are Amazon’s front line responders for hands-on electrical and mechanical equipment troubleshooting and operation. This equipment includes, but is not limited to, stand-by diesel generators, switchgear, UPS’s, PDU’s, AHU’s, pumps, motors, VFD’s, and building monitoring and automation systems.
- Operate and maintain mechanical and electrical equipment
- Troubleshooting of facility and rack-level events within internal SLAs
- Perform limited maintenance tasks to include: filter changes, HVAC PMs, rack power installs, rack PDU, and rack ATS replacements
- Provide support to Data Centre Operations technicians
- Perform root cause analysis of equipment failures
- Ensure all safety procedures are adhered to while performing work
- Take daily operational readings of all mechanical and electrical equipment through routine rounds/log taking (temperatures, voltages, currents, etc.)
- Utilise internal CMMS to manage building workflows and spare part inventory
- Supervise contractors who perform servicing or preventive maintenance
- Fully comply with all physical security procedures and policies
- Technical training Electrical or Mechanical (Military/trade school) or relevant experience
- Commutable to the Thames Valley Region
- Ability to work in cramped and/or elevated locations with or without reasonable accommodation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word) and web-based operational tools
- Experience with BMS and EPMS control systems and data collection/trending
- Proficient with maintenance management software
- All candidates must possess a valid driver's license, their own vehicle, and will need to pass a driving record check to operate company vehicles. Travel between sites/locations during the workday may occur.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT - 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).