Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 240+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 70+ consecutive quarters of consistent growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of over 10,000 companies, including 2000+ networks and 3000 cloud and IT service providers in 31 countries spanning six continents.
Joining our operations team means that you will be at the forefront of all we do, maintaining critical facilities infrastructure as part of a close-knit team delivering best in class service to our data center customers. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success
In the Engineering team at Equinix, we keep the lights on! We are responsible for maintaining the electrical and mechanical infrastructure across the various sites. This is including and not limited to stand by power generators, AC units, chilled water systems. This is a shift position including days and nights.
- In this critical role you will be responsible for the facility infrastructure maintenance
- You will perform the site inspections and monitor the building and datacentre alarms
- You ensure preventative maintenance on site infrastructure is run (e.g. maintenance of primary infrastructures), or handled by vendors with your oversight, managing permit to work system
- You are able to maintain repairs and run corrective maintenance on equipment
- In the role you are also responsible for preparing and carrying out planned maintenance
- Completion of site logs and data gathering including MOPs and scripts are key part of this position
- You will assist more senior staff with responding to all on-site incidents and act as directed
- You may request to begin responding to basic incidents based on own knowledge and experience
- Completes basic work requests and circuit installations
- Participates in ongoing infrastructure projects
- Carry out small works projects i.e. lighting upgrades etc
- You have ONC/BTEC/NVQ or equivalent qualification in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering
- You have previous data centre / critical environment experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of critical infrastructure i.e. UPS, generator, BMS, chillers, life safety systems
- You are self-motivated and flexible
Why should you apply?
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the opportunity to purchase more (pro rata for shift positions)
- Insurance and Health: Life Assurance, Income Protection, Critical Illness Insurance, Private Healthcare, Eye Care Coverage and Gymflex Membership
- Investment: Employee Stock Purchase Plan and Company Pension Plan
- Travel: Cycle to Work Scheme and Annual Season Ticket Loan
- Family: Childcare Vouchers and Merlin Entertainment Pass
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.