The Port of Tilbury London Ltd is the largest of 8 ports owned by Forth Ports and is the largest multi-modal Port in the South East. We offer a wide range of diverse port related services to help connect the UK with Europe and the rest of the world.
· We are currently seeking Electrical Maintenance Engineers to join our busy Engineering Team within the Central Plant Engineering department.
· You will be responsible for maintaining, repairing and fault finding on a variety of plant and equipment within the Port, including Mobile Harbour Cranes, Material Handlers, Port Vehicles, Lock Gates, General Port Equipment and Port Infrastructure including Electrical Distribution Equipment.
· You must have the ability to work to the highest standards of safety, within a team environment.
· A time served apprenticeship would be preferable, with a minimum qualification of a HNC/HND or NVQ3.
· You must be comfortable working at height and within confined spaces as this is a regular feature of the role, therefore any previous training in these areas would be advantageous. Full confined spaces training would be given on employment.
· You should have a flexible approach to your working hours and be willing to work overtime if needed.
· It is essential that you have a full driving license and also possess basic computer literacy skills.
Hours of Work
· You will be required to work a shift system with rotational shifts covering 24 hours, 7 days per week.