MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence.Salary:
Up to £65,000 dependent on experience, plus bonus and benefits.Hybrid working pattern
:Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working . The opportunity:
The growing workload within MBDA UK has created an exciting opportunity within the Embedded Software team in Bristol.
We are tasked with supplying a full range of hard real time software solutions for the next generation of missiles. This unique opportunity will allow you to develop technical and leadership skills across our broad range of products.
You will be developing embedded, real-time software. This is a hands-on role and requires the continued development and integration of missile subsystem software products and evolutions for future products. You will be developing software targeting C, C++ and/or Ada languages. This software will be integrated with other software from several sources, an OS, firmware and hardware.What we're looking for from you:
What to expect:
- Significant experience in the development of embedded software with C, C++ and/or Ada. It would be desirable for you to have knowledge of Real Time Operating Systems.
- Experience of working in a collaborative manner with engineers from other disciplines and with international colleagues.
- Experience in model-based development - either using UML tools such as IBM's Rhapsody or Matlab/Simulink.
- An awareness of deploying software on real-time Operating Systems and ARM-based processing platforms. You will have an appreciation of firmware and electronics design.
- Knowledge of modern software development practices. Knowledge of standards such as DefStan 00-55 & DO178B/C and restricted coding standards such as MISRA / SPARK would be advantageous.
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.