BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Product Engineers operate, change and grow software that has either been developed, customized or configured to add value to the customer. This is a multi-functional role that works with a Product Team to deliver business value through a high quality product using optimized-flow delivery models based on Agile practices such as Scrum and Kanban.
Product Engineers will be involved in supporting users, defining new features and functionality, and implementing change under the guidance and servant leadership of the Product Owner, Product Architect and the Product Delivery Lead. Product Engineers will work in a highly collaborative, visible and measured environment and will stimulate experimentation, innovation and continuous improvement.
Product Engineers will have a deep understanding of their application and how it is configured for the business, they will live and breathe the Agile manifesto and will use processes, tools and culture to continuously improve what they do and how they work for the delight of the customer. Adding value everyday will be a key goal.
The Product Engineer will be:
- Supporting the design, configuration and development, supporting the customised and standard FI CO and PS solutions; their integration with the end-to-end solution. Will be accountable for the quality of the design and delivery of the components.
- Responsible for adhering to standards, governance and best practices set out by the Product Architects.
- Responsible for being a contributor in the Devops team, supporting the application, resolving incidents/problems, reducing technical debt and developing new features to help enable the business through ERP.
- Responsible for providing product and service direction to the Product Management Team and implement these as part of a self-organising team.
- Supporting the reduction of the volume of incident and problem tickets by addressing the root cause and /or Product knowledge gaps in the business.
- Directly working with peers and Product Analysts by helping refine the requirements and translating them into FI CO and PS functional and technical designs.
- Jointly responsible, alongside other Product Engineers, producing cross module designs which are complementary of each other and promote continuity of knowledge across the team.
- Working with suppliers, customers, team members and industry peers to continuously improve delivery.
- Familiar with process frameworks like ITIL, Prince2 and Agile and have a good understanding of an efficient Software Development Lifecycle.
The Product Engineer will have:
- Track record of successful delivery playing an active part in the implementation of SAP ERP and integrated enterprise systems for medium to large organisations.
- Hands on experience in designing, developing, configuring, supporting customised and standard FI CO solutions; has an in depth understanding of Financial Management and Management Accounting (i.e. understands how upstream transactions in SAP impact FI and CO), management of Company Codes/Legal Entities/GL Accounts; Cross-Country/Intercompany Trading; Taxation, that will enable the candidate to deliver quality and fit for purpose solutions.
- In addition, the candidate will have knowledge of; 1) Project Systems, the professional services business model and usage of WBS impact on cost elements and controlling. 2) Handling CATS (cross application time sheets), results analysis, settlement and Resource related billing.
- Solid understanding of SAP ERP modules, components and architecture.
- Good Integration knowledge with other SAP modules.
- In-depth understanding of FI CO and PS master and transactional data and practical knowledge of the flow of data within and outside of SAP
- Hands-on experience in data migration, cleansing and transformation using LSMWs, BDC, and Mass Upload tools in SAP.
- Analytical approach to problem-solving using SAP notes and SAP Help; ability to use technology to solve business problems.
- In-depth understanding of an end to end SAP software development lifecycle in an agile or waterfall environment.
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written) with the ability to tell stories, draw pictures and document what you have done so others can understand, pick up from you and learn.
- A strong understanding and appreciation of the ‘consumer’ perspective – you will know what they expect from IT and what they will need even before they do. We are expecting an awareness of the changing pace and individual-centric design of IT in the market place and that you’ll apply these to your Product.
- An eagerness to learn enough about the product and its roadmap.
- Passion for doing things differently by challenging the norm and inspiring others to do the same through facilitating a culture of trust openness, honesty, a can do attitude and discipline through strong time-management and organizational skills.
- You need to be able to see the end-to-end system, understand constraints and bottlenecks and be able to work out how a process can be simplified, interactions can be automated and, through mastery, how the system can become highly efficient in both delivery and support.
- There may be a little bit of an obsession when it comes to the configuration control, ergonomics and aesthetics, user experience and customer perception of your product. You need to set the standards.
- In-depth working knowledge of the SAP FI CO and impacts on other modules.
- Working knowledge of SAP PS and impacts on other modules.
- Implementation of On Premise Application and SAAS
- Systems and data Integration
- Good understanding of the Agile Manifesto, Devops Priciples, Scrum and Lean Engineering Practices.
- Functional/ Technical Design
- Data Management
- Governance and Control
- SAP ECC 6.0 (FI CO)
- PI 7.4
- Salesforce Integration
- Transport Expresso
- Solution Manager
- JIRA and Confluence
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
Division overview: Functions
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and the business could not operate without all the dedicated work of our Functions teams. From Finance & Operations through Communications & Marketing, to HR and Site Operations and more, our Functions teams enable our divisions to implement ground-breaking digital transformations and crucial defence software.
As part of Functions, you will be supporting and partnering with our global business from the backline, being a strategic advisor within your specialist area, and ensuring the business runs smoothly and efficiently. We all have a role to play in defending our clients; and this is yours.