BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
Graduate Manufacturing Electronic Engineer
Start Date: June or September 2023
Location: Guildford, Gloucester or Great Baddow
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence produces state-of-the-art electronic products which are critical for the safety of our society and the protection of industry in the UK and across the globe. A rigorous production and support framework underpins these products, ensuring that deliveries to our customers are of consistently high quality, and ensuring our products are resilient throughout their service life.
Electronic Engineers working in our Manufacturing Engineering capability work across all phases of the product lifecycle, including productionisation, production, support, and through-life management of our electronic products. They develop a deep technical understanding of our products and apply digital, analog, RF and mechanical engineering principles to identify improvements and rectify issues quickly, and implement solutions to ensure the same issues don’t reoccur.
You will be part of our Future Talent community which organises training, networking and social events to get involved with. We will support you with a Career Manager who will guide you through your career as it develops and we will encourage you to get involved in engineering outreach activities to inspire future generations of engineers.
Key responsibilities of a Manufacturing Electronic Engineer include:
• Integrating, testing and supporting electronic products.
• Working with products across the product lifecycle: from the earliest standalone prototype systems to mature products that are in widespread operation with our customers.
• Managing the engineering aspects of a production build, tracking its maturity through faults/issues management, yields and reviews.
• Undertaking fault diagnosis and resolution down to component level.
• Configuration management of our products deployed across our customers’ fleets.
• Designing and implementing test systems and processes, including programming and deploying complex ATE.
• Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, often involving 3rd party compliance testing.
• Managing obsolescence of components used in our designs.
• Reviewing the product safety factors associated with our products and build projects.
• Producing and presenting customer deliverable documentation and reports.
• Proactively identifying and recommending opportunities for process improvement.
• Proactively identifying and recommending opportunities to improve the working environment.
• Understanding the functionality of electronic products.
• Modifying the design of electronic products.
• You will need to have obtained (in the last 3 years) or be studying towards a 2:2 or above, in a STEM degree
• Only those with the permanent and unrestricted right to live and work in the UK will be considered for a position within BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. Due to the nature of our, work successful candidates for this role will be required to go through Government Developed Vetting (DV) clearance prior to starting with us. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/united-kingdom-security-vetting-applicant
• Able to work flexibly across multiple concurrent projects, responding quickly to changing priorities.
• Working effectively without close supervision.
• Applying a methodical and organised approach, with good attention to detail.
• Able to propose pragmatic engineering solutions.
• Use oral, written and electronic methods for the effective communication of technical information.
• Work effectively with colleagues, both within the immediate team and more widely.
• Accept and exercise personal responsibility.
• Develop and apply interpersonal skills.
• Act in accordance with the Company’s Code of Conduct and of the engineering profession.
• Give due consideration to health and safety during the production process.
• An awareness and understanding of commercial contracts and Service Level Agreements.
• Ensure proper consideration is given to environmental impact within the engineering lifecycle.
Desirable skills and experience
• A degree-level qualification in a science or engineering discipline.
• Familiarity with electronic components and their in-circuit functionality.
• Fundamental principles of software development.
• Fundamental principles of mechanical design.
• Linux operating environment and scripting functions.
• Microsoft Office suite of applications
We expect great things of our graduates. In return, you can expect a £2000 sign-on bonus, £30,000 starting salary with regular, performance based uplifts and a comprehensive benefits and pension package, including 25 days’ annual holiday with flexible leave arrangements and product and service discounts.
• CV submission & review
• Digital assessment
• Live Interview
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.