Job title: Engineering Project Manager
Location: Barrow in Furness. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements
What you'll be doing:
- Ensuring the boat complement of the carried-on board spares for each remaining Astute and forthcoming Dreadnought platforms
- Ensuring the boat complement of the carried-on boards spare's
- Leading with the resolution of queries concerned with the manufacturing and build of specialist items
- Preparing the Life Cycle Management (LCM) material, and facilitating LCM reviews
- Leading in the production of reports and metric data
- Leading in the delivery of material to support the customers operational expectations
- Leading in the production and amendment of process, policy, and management plans
- Leading on customer facing meetings
- Working as a small team of 2 alongside Royal Navy operatives
Your skills and experiences:
- Experienced Engineer/ Engineering Background
- Experience Stakeholder Management
- Experience in a customer facing role
- Knowledge of the Build Production and delivery processes
You'll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You'll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts - you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Integrated Combat Systems team:
The team works within Integrated Combat Systems (ICS) a through life service provider to the Royal Navy and other Industrial Partners.
The varied role will oversee a constantly evolving project from start to end working within production engineering. There will be a responsibility to oversee and manage all customer requests from conception, requirement setting and contracting, to the overseeing of manufacturing and production processes, either delivery of the physical produce or the enactment of the service required throughout the full project lifecycle.
This will provide an opportunity to gain exposure to the wider business and work with different level stakeholders.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you'll be able to make a real difference. You'll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you'll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments."
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.