Job Title: Platform Manager
Location: Portsmouth. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Up to £46,000 depending on experience
What you'll be doing:
- Ensuring availability and equipment capability are maintained on allocated platform(s) (includes co-ordination and management of defect resolution and obsolescence)
- Managing the through life support programme and in-year support budget for allocated ship.
- Overseeing the delivery of projects through life support activities to allocated platform, building relationships with the Company, Ministry of defence, Ships Company and lead contractors
- Providing regular feedback on material state of allocated platform to the Maintenance Management function, highlighting potential concerns or budget saving opportunities
- Co-ordinating and managing resolution of Technical Queries raised in all formats for allocated platform
- Fully supporting Customer and Company organisations for all Class Output Management related business, assisting with the transition of the organisation to a full delivery programme
Your skills and experiences:
- Project Management qualification and experience
- Experience of LCM and governance arrangements on similar sized projects
- Understanding of matrix management in a complex operational environment
- Considerable written and verbal communication skills
- Degree or equivalent qualification preferably engineering based
- Sound understanding and experience of the defence maritime industry, especially the MoD Maritime structure and department
- Knowledge of MoD processes
- Good understanding of industry and MoD platform management tools and processes
You'll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You'll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts - you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Warship Support - Asset Management team:
You will be part of a highly skilled and motivated team that form the Class Output Management team(COM) and responsible for a specific class of vessel. The COM team sits within BAE Systems Maritime Services Asset Management organisation which supports 5 classes of ship from HUNT Class Mine Hunters to the Queen Elizabeth Class Aircraft Carriers.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you'll be able to make a real difference. You'll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you'll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.