MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence.Salary:
Up to £40K dependent on experience + bonus + benefits
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Customs Officer in Henlow. You will be working as part of the Customs team to assist with the day-to-day customs operations, assisting with the running of the IPR, OPR and Bonded warehousing controls and all other imports into the business across the UK.What are we looking for?
What is in it for you?
- Experience in technical and practical aspects of Customs
- Knowledge of Customs systems IPR and Customs warehousing
- Preferably experience in supervising a Customs warehouse -
- Ability to make and understand all Customs entries
- Ability to foster and maintain excellent working relationships
- Ability to produce professional and concise documentation
- A working knowledge and understanding of Tariffs , CPC's, incoterms and the rules of origin
- Knowledge of Known consignor (preferred) or willingness to learn.
This is a critical role to ensure MBDA's compliance with HMRC regulations. We are ideally looking for someone who enjoys a challenge and who wants to make an impact on delivery.
This role will provide you with exposure to all parts of the business, and all the equipment teams and suppliers that deliver themThe Role
What to expect:
- Manage the day-to-day imports, tariff classifications and origin advise.
- Communicate with Freight forwarders, customs brokers and service providers in relation to customs related topics.
- Aid the UK Customs team in bringing all customs activities in-house and help implement any systems or process changes that may be required
- Assist with growing the IPR /OPR CW into the wider business.
- To keep up to date with HMRC Customs requirements and changes.
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.