MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence.Up to £65k DOE plus excellent bonus and benefits Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote workingThe opportunity:
An opportunity has arisen to work within the dynamic multi-disciplinary Missile Actuators Centre of Excellence, developing and delivering actuation systems into each MBDA Nation.
These systems critical products can range from the simple to the highly complex and include the following:
- Fin actuation systems
- Gimbals systems
- Reaction control systems, for example thrust vector control (TVC) systems, Divert Attitude and Control Systems (DACS)
- Control surface deployment mechanisms
The successful candidate will be accountable, as Equipment Design Authority, for leading a multi-disciplined engineering team to deliver a Control Actuation System (CAS) into UK and non-UK programmes. The role has responsibility across the MBDA Product Life Cycle (PLC) for delivery on cost, time and quality.What we're looking for from you:
What to expect:
- Experience across all aspects of a single engineering area/domain and an appreciation of other areas.
- Good working experiences in more than one phase of the engineering life cycle, with sufficient experience of the total life cycle to ensure a good understanding of adjacent phases and through-life engineering issues
- Commercial and financial awareness; able to manage budgets.
- Experience of system qualification and certification.
- Excellent communication skills required to foster positive working relationships throughout the wider organisation.
- Able to deal with multiple issues, tasks and priorities concurrently
- French/Italian language skills are an advantage.
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.