MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
The Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) department is like no other within MBDA. It is split between a test team working hands on in our state of the art EMC Facility to simulate environments and also a highly skilled consultancy team that is embedded across all projects within MBDA to ensure good EMC practice & design.
This role is in our EMC Project Team at Stevenage who support MBDA programmes throughout their product lifecycles from concept through to disposal. The majority of the work is establishing, progressing and delivering the risk reduction and qualification strategies that will bring a product into service. This will include writing documentation, reviewing hardware and may include a hands-on review of the hardware and some informal testing.
The EMC Project Team support projects from Filton and Stevenage to ensure the correct requirements are implemented, that designs are robust and the strategy is correct. The test team then perform a formal test in the products intended electromagnetic environment at the EMC Laboratories in Bristol.What are we looking for?
What's in it for you?
- Engineer's with previous experience in delivering support around the subject of electromagnetic compatibility.
- Knowledge in the application of a military EMC standard to system, sub-system or equipment level is desirable (e.g. Defence Standard 59-41 / 59-411, AECTP500, Mil-Std-461, RTCA DO160 / EUROCAE ED-14).
- Professional manner and adaptability when the project needs are evolving.
- Thorough knowledge of the EMC environment life cycle.
- An understanding of the need to deliver on time and within budget.
- Our team is highly valued in MBDA. We are known as capable, knowledgeable, and we have great test facilities.
- As EMC specialists, we are able to influence the project teams and how EMC qualification will occur. We represent MBDA during discussions with the MoD or export customer.
- Here at MBDA there is potential to participate in research or investigation studies and you will work with a knowledgeable team of specialist EMC project and test engineers.
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.The Role
Join a great team!
- At MBDA an EMC engineer is be responsible for managing assigned milestone deliverables associated with EMC Engineering activities and act as focal point and specialist for EMC requirements for the MBDA project teams.
- The role involves writing Environmental Requirement Specifications (ERS's) and subsequent documentation including EMC Control Plans, Proving Plans, Proving Requirements and Proving Instructions in support of product development and qualification.
- Our EMC engineers oversee EMC qualification testing to ensure evidence will be suitable for our customers, working across functional and international boundaries to resolve sophisticated technical problems using analytical tools.
- Our team is very knowledgeable and are keen to support and develop the capability of each member. An opportunity in this field of expertise like no other.
- We are passionate about the technical robustness of the compliance philosophy and testing.
- We have accredited test capabilities in Bristol, UK and Paris, France; where appropriate we work together to improve our way of working and achieve our project needs.
- The test and project teams support each other to improve the way both teams work.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role!