MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence.Salary: Up to £55k DOE + Bonus + Excellent BenefitsHybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.The opportunity:
Due to strong business performance we are looking for an experienced Principal Mechanical Design Engineer to work over a range of Product Life Cycles from Initial Concept, Detailed Design and Qualification to Production and In-service Support.
You will be leading the development of mechanical solutions on a variety of complex weapon systems in the Land and Naval domain whilst collaborating with wider multi-disciplinary teams. This opportunity provides fantastic development opportunities for career progression within MBDA.What we're looking for from you:
- Ideally Degree/HND/HNC qualified with experience in Mechanical Design and Development of Systems integrated on Land based or Naval Platforms
- The capability to develop robust mechanical designs to survive Military Land Vehicle and Maritime environments
- Proven experience of designing for supportability with the end user in mind
- Familiarity with design ruggedisation or automotive design
What to expect:
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to influence and negotiate with stakeholders across the business and externally
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.