MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence.Salary:
Dependent on experience + bonus + benefitsHybrid working pattern
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working. This role requires on-site working in Bristol for the majority, due to security considerations and teamwork.The opportunity:
A truly rare opportunity to join MBDA Aerodynamics leadership team as the Aerodynamics Group Lead for Future Systems Projects, focusing on the Future Combat Air System (FCAS & TEMPEST).
You are a team leader, able to deliver agreed work packages across a number of ambitious projects. You will be accountable for delivery to time, cost and quality through collaboration with other aerodynamics team leads, Technical Experts and senior project management teams. The role specifically covers those projects in the early concept design stages, with current activities ranging from aerodynamic design, characterisation and assessment of missile airframes, through to early assessments of integration onto platforms.
Importantly, you will manage and encourage to team to succeed, including performance evaluations, career development discussions, and ensuring the development of skills and proficiencies to improve performance and meet the future needs of the business.
As a senior role within the department, you will also support the Head of Aerodynamics with reporting, long-term management of team development, skill capability, recruitment, project workload, and resource allocation.
Your influencing skills will enable you to build strong networks and relationships across a wide range of partners, including MBDA UK and internationally, Universities, SMEs, MoD customers in DE&S and DSTL, as well as aircraft platform authorities.What we're looking for from you:
You will have the opportunity to:
- In-depth technical knowledge of Aerodynamics & Performance, ideally with experience of high speed or aircraft integration.
- Well-developed and proven leadership skills; evidence of strategic thinking and providing a clear vision
- Previous experience of people management and shaping teams, with all the hands-on people-management skills which this requires
- Desire to invest time into developing others and providing mentorship and coaching
- Excellent collaboration, engagement, partner management, communication and influencing skills
- Proven task package management, ensuring that outputs are on time, within budget and the correct level of quality, ideally in tough customer environments
What to expect:
- Be innovative; influence and shape the Future Combat Air System (FCAS & TEMPEST) team, in this exciting "once in a career" opportunity.
- Lead a team of around 15 skilled aerodynamicists
- Develop innovative tools and capability to address the challenges of future programmes
- Influence the future ways of working within MBDA, collaborating with systems design, mechanical design, thermal analysis, simulation & modelling, and guidance, navigation & control, as well as working with external SMEs & academia
- Build a strong network and improve reputation inside MBDA, the customer community, suppliers and aircraft authorities
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.