MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence.Salary:
up to £70,000 (doe) + bonus + benefitsHybrid working pattern:
Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working - such as 3 days in the office and 2 days working from home per week. The opportunity!
Real Time Seeker Software is tasked with supplying software into sophisticated seeker equipment, a sub-component of a missile; often developing on innovative processing platforms.
Interacting with a wider Seeker team (including Systems, Hardware and Firmware Teams), this role presents opportunities to deliver complex software solutions, as part of a deliverable product, deployed into missile programmes. What we're looking for from you:
A Software Project Lead (SPL) who can build high-performing teams and create strong working relations with the multi-disciplined project environments; include financial & budget control, system design, electronic design, safety, security & quality.
What's in it for you?
- The ability to inspire, lead and nurture a team of typically 5-10 engineers (development & verification)
- A proven record of managing a software budget and have the confidence to control change to the requirements and costs, against an agreed estimate/budget
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary programmes to deliver embedded software into end equipment products
- Sufficient knowledge to contribute to other team's reviews would be beneficial (i.e., ability to understand schematics).
- Technical/software background with experience working in a technology environment where quality and accuracy of work is critical
- While not essential experience of safety-critical standards (e.g., DO-178C) would be beneficial
- Strong understanding and track record of working within an agile/SCRUM/DevOps environment
- Experience of reporting progress through agile metrics such as burnup charts, team velocity, cycle times and work-load-forecast
- Experience of continuous build, integration and delivery pipeline automation using industry leading toolsets
- History of improving teams through strong coaching and mentoring skills
What to expect:
- Develop and grow your career
- Lead a sophisticated software product for innovative equipment
- Work in a system-of-systems environment to deliver missile programmes
- You'll get lots of experience interacting and influencing senior stakeholders if you join us on this modernising journey
- Training program to provide you with the skills/tools to take the next step to becoming a technical or managerial leader in MBDA
- Be a part of a change initiative where the changes you make will have a perceptible positive impact on the development of your team
- You will have the opportunity to learn about the MBDA product range and the many departments we interact with
- The opportunity for travel and international secondment; we work closely with colleagues across UK and European sites
- An open, friendly and encouraging team!
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.