Stevenage MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defenceSalary:
up to £58K dependent on experience + bonus + benefitsHybrid working pattern
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Join the Land Ceptor team and work to support the British Army in realising the full potential of its latest Ground Based Air Defence capability and tailoring this capability for the needs of emerging export customers. In either case, you'll be building on world-class design: incorporating new ideas, functionality and technology to deliver to our customers.
As the Equipment Requirement Authority for the weapon system electronics and processing equipment you will be responsible for all aspects of lifecycle management for the product through from design query to manufacturing delivery to ensure the Land Ceptor team continues to meet their delivery objectives and support the product as it enters service.
As a key member of the hardware team you will also be responsible for managing the product evolution to resolve obsolescence, enable technology insertion and optimise the design for future export deliveries.What we're looking for
What's in it for you?
- A highly motivated self-starter who can work both independently and as part of a team whilst managing the priorities of a number of varied tasks in the context of a bigger picture
- A proven track record in delivering and supporting complex hardware to cost and schedule
- Able to coordinate both internal design and manufacturing teams and external suppliers
- Experience in product optimisation, industrialisation and obsolescence management would be beneficial
Join a great team!
- The opportunity to be instrumental in the evolution of the Land Ceptor system for both UK and export customers
- The ability to grow your career within a wide engineering sphere with an exposure to all stages of the engineering product lifecycle
- A challenging and varied scope of work with a good mix of short and long term objectives
- You will be responsible for defining, reporting and managing the workload in this area
The Land Ceptor team is a dynamic, international team with a wealth of experience and knowledge to draw from. Set within a matrix organisation you will have the support of the Weapon System Equipment function to provide career development, training and exposure to the wider MBDA engineering function.What to expect:
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances!