Munition System Engineer
- Closing date
- 6 Dec 2022
- Design, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence
Salary:up to £48K dependent on experience + bonus + benefits
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
This is an excellent opportunity to become a focal point for the ASTER Munition and the Munition Maintenance Installation in the UK supporting the sustainment of Sea Viper capability.
Key work packages includes:
- Technical support to the Head of ASTER UK across current and future ASTER munition build standards, including:
- The review of documentation and technical reports received from the ASTER Design Authority, such as updates to the Design Definition, Design Justification and Safety Reports
- The review of documentation and reports received from ASTER programmes in the UK, such as the Surveillance and Life Extension programme
- Focal point for Munition related technical queries supporting the in service capability sustainment across a number of Munition programmes within the Sea Viper project, including In Service Support, Surveillance and Life Extension and Mid-Life Refresh.
- Maintain a suite of project specific processes for the munition
- Technical correctness of the munition elements of the Sea Viper technical documentation
- Support Systems technical query resolution as required
- Support to wider systems programmes
As a member of the Sea Viper Munition team, you will be responsible for the following:
- Managing technical queries relating to the munition
- Carrying out technical analyses and investigations of munition issues
- Reviewing the impact of munition and MMI design changes on the Sea Viper system, through the configuration control process.
- Reviewing and managing updates to the Munition Technical Documentation received from the ASTER Design Authority (for On-Board and Depot documentation) including interim Service Bulletins.
- Providing technical support to the Sea Viper CSS-UK team
- Providing support to transversal activities (Safety, Security, EMC and Environmental)
- Providing and/or overseeing technical support and troubleshooting responses
- Generating technical reports to the Customer
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances!
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert