MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence. Embedded Software Engineer (Command and Control)Salary:
up to £65,000 (doe) + Bonus + BenefitsHybrid working pattern:
Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working. This particular role is mostly office based, but there are opportunities to work from home. The Opportunity!
We are looking for a highly capable and adaptable Software Engineer to join our team at our Bristol facility to develop solutions for the next generation of Air Defence Systems; to work with us to develop our evolving products whilst maintaining our enviable reputation for safety, performance and dependability.
This is a very hands-on role and requires the continued design and development of Command and Control architectures, and the instantiations for future products. Perfect for a Software Engineer who is proactive and takes the initiative. What we are looking for:
Other skills of interest include:
- A strong background in software engineering, its realisation and system wide impact.
- Experience of working in C++
- Collaborative, open approach to development and have the ability to work well in a team and maintain momentum during development.
What's in it for you?
- Experience of working across the entire software development process from engaging with requirement authorities to automated target integration and proving, supported with effective documentation
- Experience of new tools, techniques and approaches that might enable us to evolve our processes to improve our efficiency and sustainability
- Experience in other languages such as Ada
- Knowledge of DDS middleware and Real Time Operating Systems
- Knowledge of standards such as DefStan 00-55, DO-178C or IEC61508 and restricted coding standards such as MISRA C++
What to expect:
- You will be working with people and technologies at the forefront of European missile systems design, supporting the development of safe, secure and reliable products that our customers can rely on.
- We offer an encouraging working environment with the opportunity to develop your skills across a wide range of products and technologies.
- Our teams develop software used in the most advanced weapon systems in the world within a critical and influential Software Engineering Directorate; part of a large progressive and adaptable company.
- We apply small, focused teams of engineers to complex problems - you will be working with a dedicated group of experienced software, systems and electronics engineers.
- We maintain an impactful team culture!
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.