MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the Future of Defence.Salary:
£38K-£41K dependent on experience + bonus + benefitsHybrid working pattern
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote workingThe opportunity:
An opportunity has arisen in the production manufacturing lines for a support engineer who would be responsible for translating design requirements into user instructions including the development of the project manufacturing architecture. You will be responsible for the day-to-day support to the operations staff within the manufacturing facility.
What we're looking for from you:
- Working with the Principal Engineer, you will be working in multi-functional teams, responsible for tooling control and manufacturing problem identification and resolution
- Support existing manufacturing lines and new product introduction
- Compilation and update of manufacturing instructions
- Resolution of technical problems that may arise during the manufacturing process
- Support the industrial validation process through the use of FMEA's, FAI's etc.
- Management of configuration control by the embodiment of design modifications into the manufacturing instructions
- Support to the non-conformance process using SAP
- Liaise with the design authority during the product prototype/development phase, to ensure optimised Design for Manufacture (DfM), supporting Design for Test and Cost
What to expect:
- Formal technical Engineering / Craft Apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21
- Formal further education certificate to HNC or equivalent in a relevant subject.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Must demonstrate a proactive approach to problem solving and commitment to work as part of a team to deliver the business.
- Have the ability to interpret design drawings with a view to producing Manufacturing Build Instructions.
- Must be able to work within and contribute to a team environment.
- Have the ability to communicate both within the working group and at various levels of the organisation.
You will be working with a small team of dedicated engineers in a fast-paced but friendly and inclusive manufacturing environment. The team has a great mix of people, ranging from apprentices and graduates through to experienced engineers, all striving to deliver technical excellence across a number of different missile systems in development and production.
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.