Future Combat Air System (FCAS) /Tempest Systems Engineer
- Closing date
- 23 Dec 2022
- Design, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence.
Salary: up to £40,000 DOE + bonus + benefits
Hybrid working pattern: Predominantly site based
Are you a Systems Engineer looking to make a difference in your next role?
MBDA are at the forefront of the one of the most exciting and challenging programmes within Defence - to design and deliver a Future Combat Air Systems (FCAS) / Tempest for the RAF and international partners in record time. This is your opportunity to be at the heart of this once in a generation, transformational initiative!
The FCAS Acquisition Programme is currently in concept stage and MBDA are identifying and assessing a broad range of Weapons Effects Domain concepts including a Weapon Effects Management System. A cutting-edge technology incorporating Artificial Intelligence across a networked combat system to give a genuine sixth generation capability to provide the user with operational advantage decades in the future. This role will support Systems Engineering Concepting, looking at current and future solutions and working closely with other elements within FCAS, both inside MBDA and the other industry partners. This is an opportunity to scope and define a significant future MBDA product. FCAS-AP is an Agile programme, moving at pace, measuring and adapting.
This role is accountable for working on a range of system engineering activities relating to Weapon Effects Management:
- Functional and mission analysis
- Logical decomposition of components within the Weapon Effects Management System
- Definition of candidate architectures and be able to trade within functional and technology constraints,
- Functional decomposition and physical apportionment
Systems Engineering Focus:
- Input into Operational, training, maintenance, manufacture and logistics
- Defining the systems boundaries (ie: define the boundary of products and services within system of systems context)
- Performing requirement elicitation and analysis and subsequent delivery of requirement documentation.
- Definition of ICD's between highly coupled sub-systems
- Consideration of system integration and platform integration aspects
- Working with international partners within the effects domain
What we're looking for from you:
- Ideally degree qualified in a technical engineering, physics or mathematics subject
- Familiarity of the application of MBSE
- Familiarity with architectural frameworks such as NAF, TOGAF etc
- Ability to analyse the problem spaces different contexts and domains
What to expect:
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances!
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert