Stevenage MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defenceSalary:
Up to 50k based on experience + Bonus +BenefitsHybrid working pattern:
Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.The Opportunity:
We have a fantastic opportunity to join our Electro-Optical Seekers & Sensors Department as a Systems Engineer - Electro-Optical Modelling & Tools.
We are key in supporting MBDA's complex weapon programmes through the provision of specialist Electro-Optical support. Depending on the programme this will vary from specification and assessment through to delivery and support. We also lead and conduct industry-leading cutting-edge R&D activities to support future emerging programmes.
The work is broad, multifaceted, varied and dynamically changing. You will work within a highly skilled and experienced team that will support you in delivering our commitments. We will work with you to develop your skill, knowledge and experience, as well as supporting your professional development, all while ensuring a good work-life balance.
You will join our Modelling & Tools team, working with our internal experts and project leads to develop the mathematical models and tools needed to support the development of ground-breaking electro-optical sensors for our complex weapons.What we're looking for from you:
- A strong background in mathematical modelling and coding using tools such as MathWorks Matlab and Simulink.
- Experience in model verification & validation, configuration control and release processes.
- Strong logical and analytical skills to address the technical nature of the work.
- Have a proven track record of on time delivery particularly in a dynamic working environment.
- Able to engage with a broad range of partners and forge strategic technical relationships.
- Be adaptable, self-starting and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
Desirable but not essential -
What to expect:
- Experience in software product/app development and deployment.
- Ability to lead teams and manage packages of work.
- Understanding of Electro-Optical radiation, propagation and detection principles, in particular in the infra-red wave-bands.
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.