Bristol MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence.Salary:
up to £55,000 depending on experience + bonus + benefitsHybrid working pattern:
A blended approach to on-site and remote workingPart time working considered The opportunity:
We are looking for a highly capable, versatile and enthusiastic Human Factors Engineer to undertake a full range of Human Factors tasks across weapon system concepting, development and research activities. This presents a great opportunity for someone with a real passion for HF to meet the challenge of integrating HF into hi-technology projects with a diverse range of military user groups!
The military operating environment is becoming more complex and new technological capabilities are required to ensure operational advantage. We believe that integration of Human Factors is critical to the development of safe, usable and effective weapon systems. In your role you will be able to directly influence the development of these technologies, engaging directly with the user from early concept through to delivery ensuring that the human-machine relationship is optimised.
You will be joining a team recognised by UK MoD as an industry leader in the delivery of Human Factors Integration where you be able to influence systems as they develop from concept to delivery and gain first-hand experience of working with military users. You will also have the opportunity to conduct internally and externally funded research packages.What we're looking for:
What to expect:
- Experience of the application of Human Factors in the development of complex systems. This will include conduct of Human Factors Integration and Human Centred Design processes through the development lifecycle, analysis and assessment of the role of the human in complex systems, physical ergonomics and integration into workspaces, User Interface prototyping and design and the conduct of user experiments and trials supporting system development.
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors
- Demonstrable understanding and experience of the application of Human Factors Integration & Human Factors Engineering
- Relevant Engineering or Science based Degree
- Good understanding of Systems Engineering and disciplines who interact with Human Factors (Supportability, Training, Safety, Equipment)
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances!