Stevenage MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence.Salary:
up to £55,000 on experience + bonus + benefitsHybrid working pattern
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote workingThe opportunity:
Are you looking to join a fast-paced project in the early stages of design development maturing the functional architecture and requirements? Keep reading!
The Weapon System behaviour has been divided into a set of functional domains. Work within a functional domain strives to gradually decompose the top level behaviour of a domain into individual functions that can be allocated to equipment and provided to the design team as sets of requirements for design.
As the Lead for the Acquisition & Homing Functional Design Domain you would be responsible for:
What we're looking for from you:
- Technically co-ordinate & drive activities across the Design Domain to ensure coherent & mature embodiment of the required system-level behaviour to time quality & cost. This will involve working across functions and departments to ensure a viable design.
- Identify, scope, estimate time and cost of functional design & trade studies to be undertaken
- Propose allocation of functional performance and/or constraints to physical sub-systems, facilitating key trade-offs decisions, particularly where trade-offs traverse different DA or domain responsibilities
- Run the domain evolution, ensuring consistency between domain sub-system configurations is understood and aligned.
- Ensure the functional design and functional architecture relevant to the domain is developed collaboratively between partners. Facilitate common modelling approach and/or mutually-agreed model interfaces to aid parallel development.
- Ensure risks are identified as part of the Failure Mode & Effects Analysis are understood and a consistent approach is taken to reduce these as appropriate.
- Ensure development of a domain-based proving & qualification strategy and manage the System acceptance for the domain
- Communicate domain-level considerations to customers, ensuring messaging consistency
- Chair internal and supporting external working groups/working communities as appropriate, in accordance with programme governance structure
- Have responsibility for a subset of munition equipment CPSs, leading on writing functional and performance requirements and ensuring other sections are completed by appropriate parties in reasonable timescale.
What to expect:
- Requirements management
- Failure Modes and Effects Analysis
- Model Based Systems Engineering
- DOORS NextGen
- IBM Rhapsody
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances!