Stevenage MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defenceSalary:
up to £48K dependent on experience + bonus + benefitsHybrid working pattern
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
This is an ideal opportunity for an engineer who wishes to develop their professional and technical skills in Security Engineering.
The Systems Security Architect delivers a security architecture by designing and implementing a range of protective measures for a weapon/missile system, critical in enabling our Customers to have an Assured Capability (AC).
This is achieved by leading complex task packages and liaising with and placing requirements upon multi-disciplinary engineers across the Engineering Directorate.What we're looking for
What's in it for you?
- Knowledge of through life missile/weapon system design and the ability to understand and manage the trade-space in that design
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) to interact with multi-disciplinary engineers, technical experts, senior management and technical Customers
- Able to listen, evaluate and resolve management and technical issues in a manner that upholds MBDAs reputation with our Customer
- Strong engineering skills where a background in either systems engineering, electronics design, embedded software or firmware is desirable
- DV cleared or willing and eligible to go through the DV clearance process
- You will acquire an in-depth knowledge of some of MBDA's latest technology and influence how it is exploited in our products as well as be able to influence what is required from these technologies in the future
- You will experience a broader range of engineering tasks than are usually undertaken by a single role holder on a typical project, gaining skills that would otherwise require a secondment or departmental transfer to acquire
- This role will provide a range of demonstrable experiences for those working towards chartered status
Join a great team!
- Task package management of activities utilising multi-disciplinary engineers spanning across the Engineering Directorate to design and deliver a comprehensive technical security solution within the budget and timescale set out for the task.
- Managing the trade-space to maximise the effectiveness of through life protective measures without compromising product safety or Customer winning capability.
- Preparing and maintaining a robust security case and working directly with the UK Customer and its technical advisors to agree sufficiency of solutions.
- Undertaking a wide range of systems design and technical leadership tasks, ensuring a coherent design is maintained across the contributing engineering departments (hardware, software, firmware) that can be integrated, tested and qualified to demonstrate the effectiveness of the security solution.
- Liaising with manufacturing and support teams to ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the missile/weapon system is maintained through manufacture and in the various through life support scenarios that may be offered to a Customer.
- Ensuring the Need to Know principal is adhered to and sufficient controls are in place to manage the knowledge of the technical implementation, providing direction on the release of information to Suppliers and Customers, where required.
What to expect:
- The often complex technical challenges in this area mean no solution is too innovative to be considered
- The comparatively small size of the team allows everyone's contribution to be recognised and respected
- The team collaborates with a broad range partners on a variety of subjects, often face to face, building a genuine collective team spirit
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances!