Integration and System Validation Senior/Principle Engineer - GBAD
- Closing date
- 8 Dec 2022
- Design, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence
Salary: Up to £50,000pa depending on experience
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
A varied role that consists of a mix of functional testing, equipment qualification and acceptance, plus problem identification and resolution. An opportunity to gets hands on experience of real equipment, and support demonstration of capability across sites in the UK and abroad.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the growing Integration and Systems Validation team supporting the Land Ceptor project with Ground Based Trials activities for a large export programme.
The role will include planning and conduct of full system testing of development and deliverable launchers including supporting offsite trials both in the UK and overseas.
What we're looking for
- An enthusiastic engineer with experience of planning and conducting both physical and functional based test activities, ideally on defence related products
- Knowledge of Design Proving, Design Verification, System Integration and System Acceptance would be highly beneficial
- Experience working within, and/or leading small teams conducting test activities with minimal supervision.
- Willing to work for periods at trial sites both in the UK and overseas.
What's in it for you?
- This is a great opportunity to become a member of an expanding team delivering key aspects of the latest generation of GBAD system programmes
- Involvement in high profile activities, interfacing with the end Customer and User teams
- The role will provide a good platform to develop solutions to complex technical problems and broaden Systems Design skills
- The role will also enable the successful candidate to take ownership of specific tasks, lead teams and activities, providing a basis for career progression
Join a great team!
The Land Ceptor team has successfully delivered a great product to the UK MoD. Now there is an opportunity to join the team as it moves forward to creating a world leading system to other countries, and evolve the product to meet new challenges.
What to expect:
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances!
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert