Job title: F-35 UK Mechanic
Location: RAF Marham. You will be required to work 37 hours on On-Site across 4 days Monday to Thursday
What you'll be doing:
- The post holder requires a basic understanding of the construct of the approved Technical Information set and is competent to work to maintenance instructions with support and in accordance with the organisation's MOE.
- This is not a self-tasking role; the day begins with safety briefings & the plan of the day. You will then following working instructions from team leader before going & carrying out the tasks that have been allocated
Your skills and experiences:
- Completion of an Engineering Apprenticeship, ideally in Aeronautical Engineering or equivalent military qualifications
- A logbook demonstrating breadth of experience, currency & recency of skills, knowledge and authorities for working on Aircraft type or in bays
- Academic qualification for this role is a minimum of City & Guilds 2675 or 2661 in Aeronautical Engineering and Maintenance or equivalent
- Experience of working within and the practical application of EASA/MRP Part 145
You'll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You'll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts - you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The F35 UK team:
Reporting to the F-35 On Aircraft Maintenance Manager the post holder will be undertaking a range of maintenance activities on aircraft or aircraft components. The post holder requires a basic understanding of the construct of the approved Technical Information set and is competent to work to maintenance instructions with support and in accordance with the organisation's MOE. The post holder will demonstrate the ability to follow approved Technical Information and work effectively within a team, in a diverse and dynamic operational environment.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you'll be able to make a real difference. You'll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you'll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments."
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.