Work with fascinating technology and contribute to the defence of the UK, by joining Defence Equipment and Support (DE&S) as an engineer in our Remotely Piloted Air Systems (RPAS) team.
Here, you’ll support one of our latest tactical uncrewed air systems programmes. You will work hand in hand with our industry partners as an integral part of a growing team, working across a range of ground systems, avionics and software certification disciplines. Your work will support the delivery of cutting-edge technology for our military customers (the Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Air Force), delivering critical operational output.
In a meaningful role support the security of our nation and our allies, you’ll experience unparalleled career opportunities working on ground-breaking programmes. Looking for an exciting new challenge with the chance to make real impact? Apply today.
For this role, you can join us in your preferred location
- MOD Abbey Wood, Filton, Bristol BS34 8JH
- Larkhill Sterling Barracks, Larkhill, Wiltshire SP4 8QT
- Leonardo Helicopters, Yeovil, Somerset BA20 2YB
- RNAS Yeovilton, Ilchester, Somerset BA22 8HT
- 2 Valley Road, Wattisham Flying Station, Ipswich, Suffolk IP7 7RE
- RAF Waddington, Lincoln, Lincolnshire LN5 9NB
- RAF Brize Norton, Carterton, Oxfordshire OX18 3LX
- RNAS Culdrose, Helston, Cornwall TR12 7RH
- RAF Odiham, Hook, Hampshire RG29 1QT
About the job
As an RPAS Engineer, you will establish effective relationships with stakeholders, helping to ensure minimal operation impacts to front-line operations.
You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Contribute to and delivering elements of the Engineering Management Plan
- Ensure technical risks are understood and managed
- Participate in the identification, selection, evaluation, performance verification and demonstration within your technical area
- Develop and maintain system requirements including in-service support
- Manage engineering technical requirements (definition, architecture, integration, contract assessment and change management)
- Participate in design reviews, safety management and safety case activities
- Ensure compliance with regulatory policies and engineering procedures
- To be successful with your application, you’ll need to show that you meet the following essential criteria:
- You will hold a minimum of a Higher National Certificate (i.e., Level 4) qualification in a relevant Engineering/Science subject or will demonstrate equivalent experience
- You will be Professionally Registered, or demonstrate the equivalent knowledge, skills and experience and be willing/able to achieve this within 12 months
- You will have experience of providing technical advice in the delivery of successful engineering outcomes
- You will demonstrate technical experience from within the Aviation sector, with knowledge and application of Systems Engineering and Air Regulations (from within either a civilian or military environment)
What are the perks?
We’re pleased to offer a generous benefits package to support everything from your work-life balance to your bank balance, including:
- 25 days’ holiday a year, plus 1 day a year up to 30 days, 8 bank holidays and a day off for the King’s birthday
- A market-leading employer pension contribution of around 27 percent, an annual performance-based bonus, and recognition awards
- Flexible and hybrid working wherever possible, to support your work-life balance (though some attendance to the stated site is required)
- Access to specialist training and funded professional qualifications, with plenty of opportunities and support for progression
- A huge range of discounts including retail, sports, leisure, restaurants, gifts, days out, holidays, cinema, motoring, insurance, health care, gym memberships, and more
- Up to six days of paid leave a year for volunteering
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, and shared parental leave schemes, offering 100% pay for 26 weeks (after a qualifying period) We champion a diverse and inclusive environment, where everyone can be themselves and give their best.
- We believe that by harnessing the power of different ideas, experiences, and perspectives, we can achieve our ambitions, together. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
A little bit about us…
We’re part of the Ministry of Defence, and employ around 12,500 people around the world. We manage a vast range of complex projects to buy, support and supply vital equipment and services to the UK military, so they can operate safely and effectively. Our people push for best-in-class every day – because it helps keep our nation safe.
Click to apply today and discover a rewarding career where your impact is felt and your voice is heard.
DE&S. Your ambition leads here.