Exciting opportunities for Warhead Surveillance / Service Life Assessment Engineers
Do you have an Engineering or Science background and have the ability to see the bigger picture to identify and execute solutions? If so, the Warhead Systems Engineering Team could have a career for you.
We currently have roles in the Warhead Surveillance and Service Life Assessment (SLA) teams supporting the through life verification and validation of the Trident Warhead.
Warhead Surveillance / Service Life Assessment (SLA) Engineers
Location: Reading / Basingstoke Area (office based)
Package: £33,850 - £50,000 (dependent on experience)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Generous holiday entitlement of 270 hours a year (inclusive of Bank Holidays), plus every other Friday off.
- Flexible working hours.
- Potential opportunities to travel with work for conferences and international collaboration.
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- AWE Life Insurance
- Salary sacrifice benefits scheme
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
You will be supporting the Trident Warhead by reviewing and authoring technical assessments of performance and safety relevant to the Stockpile, co-ordination and oversight of Surveillance activities and resolution of investigations into surveillance observations.
You will be expected to engage across different areas of the business across multiple levels, with the chance to influence and advise.
The skills & experience you will bring to the role:
- HNC/HND or degree qualification in a science or engineering discipline or proven experience working in a similar environment.
- Ability to integrate and work well as an individual and as part of a multi-disciplined team.
- Structured and forensic approach to problem solving and observations.
- Ability to convey complex and technical issues to diverse audiences.
- Possess skills which include attention to detail, stakeholder engagement and management and clear, concise communication skills.
- Flexible approach to a reactive environment is a requirement.
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.
Some travel will be required between our sites.
Depending on the role, there is opportunity to work a shift pattern to support our facilities. Please indicate on your application if this is something you would be interested in.