About First Hydro Company and ENGIE
The First Hydro Company operates 2 pumped storage power stations in North Wales. With a combined peak generating capacity of over 2000 MW these two power stations have reliably supported the UK’s national electricity supply network for decades. Now, the frequently changing demand for electricity with an increasing contribution from renewable sources makes reliable and flexible storage capacity key to delivering clean and reliable energy supplies for the future.
Alongside our generation commitments we are undertaking an exciting programme of major refurbishment at both our power stations to ensure that they continue to meet demand long into the future.
We are looking to develop our engineering team to meet both these challenges and as a result have opportunities for an Assistant Electrical Engineer working at both Dinorwig and Ffestiniog power stations to join our existing team of skilled engineers. The work ahead includes meeting the varied and sometimes unpredictable challenges for operational engineering support as well opportunities to join major refurbishment/replanting project teams.
You will be expected to hold a HNC in a relevant engineering discipline and ideally have successfully completed formal training in safety (eg. IOSH Managing Safety) and project management. As well as formal qualifications and training candidates are also expected to have several years relevant experience and knowledge in the following areas:
- Preferably technical knowledge and experience of plant, equipment and systems associated with power generation/ Heavy Industrial Processes
- Practical understanding of HV/LV Distribution systems
- Practical understanding in the maintenance and management of Electrical switchgear & Protection
- Experience with LV/MW motors, controls and starting circuits.
- Lighting/Emergency Lighting
- DC Battery systems
- Ventilation control systems
- Proficient in the requirements of Electrical Inspection & Testing.
- Good general knowledge of Electrical building services and auxiliary supporting plant. i.e. cranes/lifts/drainage systems/IT Electrical infrastructure
- Work within management and business procedures and corporate IT systems.
- Knowledge of environmental, health and safety legislation that affects your relevant discipline.
- Experience of contract management and budget/programme control
- Experience of managing small value refurbishment/upgrade projects <£100k
By joining First Hydro Company you will become part of one of the UK’s most dynamic electricity generators.
What you will receive in return
In return for the above First Hydro offers a competitive salary of between £50 to £59k, starting salary will depend upon skills and experience. Further benefits include private healthcare insurance, a performance linked annual bonus payment, company pension scheme with employer’s contribution of up to 12%, an annual holiday allowance of 25 days in addition to public holidays, as well as flexi-time working arrangements.
It is expected that the candidates would need to work at both Dinorwig and Ffestiniog power stations located in the Snowdonia (Eryri) region of Wales.
How to apply
Please send a CV and covering letter below before the 31st January 2023.
Right to Work in the UK
You must already have the right to work in the UK.
First Hydro Company operate key infrastructure projects in the UK and may require successful applicant to undertake national security vetting