Your next role
At L3Harris, in our Intelligence & Cyber International (ICI) division, we work closely with UK Government and Security Agencies to shape and build cutting-edge solutions that combat the ever-evolving threats faced by the public and private sectors on a daily basis.
We are looking for an experienced PCB Layout Engineer to join our team, working across our Electronic Warfare and Cyber Security products. As an experienced engineer, you will design digital, analogue and RF printed circuit boards, collaborating across functions and projects.
We are committed to being a flexible working organisation, and willing to consider flexible working hours for some of our roles. Part time work will also be considered.
We are offering a 10% sign on bonus for this position.
Please discuss upon your application or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a query.
What the role will involve
If you join our team of dedicated experts, the responsibilities of your role will include the following:
- Working with the electronics and mechanical engineers to analyse and interpret PCB requirements.
- Owning the PCB design and layout from including physical definition right through to drawing release.
- Application of and ambassador for DFx methodologies throughout the design.
- Performing library management functions, creating schematic symbols and component footprint cells according to IPC requirements and company standards.
- Performing peer reviews of PCB designs & library data to ensure they are suitable for release.
What you will bring
The role of PCB Layout Engineer requires the following experience and skills:
- Significant experience of designing PCBs incorporating: 4-20 layers, micro-vias, blind and buried stack-up, BGA break-out and surface-mount components.
- Routing high-speed busses, length matching, net tree topologies, controlled impedance lines, reference planes and layout for signal integrity.
- Design for compliance with EMC, LVD, CE, RoHS and harsh-environmental standards in both the military and commercial fields.
- Good understanding of configuration control
- Attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
We use the following tools (and can provide training if you are not familiar with them):
- Mentor Graphics: Design Capture, DxDesigner, DxDatabook,
- IO Designer;
- Expedition PCB Advanced Interconnect
- Autodesk Autocad
- PLM Arras Innovator
At L3Harris, we value and appreciate everything our people do for us, and offer an attractive package. A few of our benefits are:
- 10% sign on bonus
- Flexible working hours and hybrid working where possible
- 3.5 hour day on Fridays – finish before 12pm!
- Pension scheme of up to 7% employer contribution
- 25 days holiday per year, increasing with long service and with the opportunity to buy/sell
- Private medical insurance
- Flexible opt-in extras such as a health care cash plan, dental insurance, gym membership, critical illness cover and cycle to work scheme
- Training and development opportunities and support with qualifications where relevant
- Mental health and wellbeing schemes
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws.