Your next role
If you’re ready to take the next step in your career as a Machine Learning Engineer, L3Harris is here to help you grow.
At L3Harris, in our Intelligence & Cyber International (ICI) division, we work closely with UK Government and Security Agencies to shape and build cutting-edge solutions that combat the ever-evolving threats faced by the public and private sectors on a daily basis.
We have an opportunity for a Machine Learning Engineer to work on research and development projects in Electronic Warfare and Cyber domains.
You will join a growing team of three highly skilled data scientists and engineers involved in important new research as well as developing capabilities in our current portfolio. This role provides is an opportunity to do cutting edge research and be part of a transformational new capability for L3Harris and our customers.
What the role will involve
If you were to join our team of dedicated experts, the responsibilities of your role will include the following:
- Implement and analyse the performance of machine learning models (whether they be statistical, traditional or deep) for the EW and CS domains.
- Developing embedded/application level code (typically C++, Python)
- Developing using scripting languages
- Developing tests, test documentation and conducting testing activities
- Liaise with experts in the development teams so solutions can be transferred into product.
- Support trial work by cleaning and analysing data using the appropriate toolset.
- Help maintain the infrastructure (e.g. Jupyter servers, keras software) required to undertake data science activities.
- Undertake small research projects or parts of customer funded works under the direction of senior engineers.
- Support bid activities
- Communicate results via reports and presentations.
What you’ll bring
The role of Machine Learning Engineer requires the following experience and skills:
- Previous experience as a Data Scientist/Machine Learning Engineer.
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) preferably in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or similar.
- An enthusiasm for working with new and evolving technologies, sometimes outside of their immediate skill set, to solve a wide range of challenges using creative and innovative solutions.
- Experience with Python and numerical libraries.
- The ability to independently perform research and exploratory tasks using publically available software and information sources.
- Experience with classical and deep machine learning.
- Experience with the design, implementation and verification of Machine Learning pipelines.
- Experience with a major machine learning library such as Tensorflow or PyTorch.
- Experience with interfacing machine learning or other algorithms into embedded (Linux) systems.
At L3Harris, we value and appreciate everything our people do for us, and offer an attractive package. A few of our benefits are:
- Flexible working hours and hybrid working where possible
- 3.5 hour day on Fridays – finish before 12pm!
- Pension scheme of up to 7% employer contribution
- 25 days holiday per year, increasing with long service and with the opportunity to buy/sell
- Private medical insurance
- Flexible opt-in extras such as a health care cash plan, dental insurance, gym membership, critical illness cover and cycle to work scheme
- Training and development opportunities and support with qualifications where relevant
- Mental health and wellbeing schemes
Important to know
Many of our roles require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and may be subject to government security checks.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination and offers equal opportunities for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.