- Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire
- Closing date
- 8 Feb 2023
- Design, Project Engineering, Systems, Research and Development
- Computing & IT, Defence, Cyber Security
- Job Type
Your next role:
Are you looking for an opportunity to grow and enhance your skills as a Systems Engineer in a dynamic industry that is constantly developing and delivering innovative, next-generation capabilities? We have multiple opportunities to join our expanding team across Fleet and Tewkesbury.
Reporting to one of our Systems Engineering Leads, you will take a key role in the Systems Engineering activities for systems engineering development programmes, either working as part of a team of systems engineers, or possibly leading a small team of junior engineers if desirable.
At L3Harris, in our Intelligence & Cyber International (ICI) division, we work closely with UK Government and Security Agencies to shape and build cutting-edge solutions that combat the ever-evolving threats faced by the public and private sectors on a daily basis.
What the role will involve:
If you’re invited to join our team of dedicated experts, the responsibilities of your role will include the following:
- The development of complex Cyber Security or Electronic Warfare Systems and in some cases acting in a lead role for a sub-system or a phase of the development (e.g. Verification).
- Contribute to the generation of technical proposals, bids and presentations.
- Lead or support the implementation of design solutions liaising closely with Software, Electronic design and Mechanical design teams.
- Develop the test and qualification strategy for solutions and sub-systems.
- Opportunities to participate in trials, customer demonstrations and onsite acceptance testing in a range of countries worldwide.
- Opportunities to progress to Leadership Roles within Systems Engineering or other areas of the company
What you’ll bring:
- Experience of engineering development projects through most parts of the systems lifecycle from concept definition through to handover to the customer.
- Some experience of requirements capture, decomposition and/or establishing verification strategies for embedded systems.
- Experience of Model based systems engineering using SysML or similar (desirable, not essential)
- Experience of working closely with low level design teams in electronic design, mechanical design and software.
- Some experience of team leadership and/or mentoring of more junior engineering staff would be desirable (but not essential)
- Relevant industry experience in either the Defence, Aerospace or other complex embedded environments.
- Some domain experience in at least one of either Cyber Security or RF (such as EW, Communications or Radar) is preferable.
At L3Harris, we value and appreciate everything our people do for us, and offer a really attractive package. A few of our benefits are:
- Flexible working hours
- Half day Fridays
- 25 days holiday per year, increasing with long service
- Private medical insurance and a health care cash plan
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Training and development opportunities
- Mental health and wellbeing schemes
- Full reimbursement of professional membership cost
Important to know
Many of our roles require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and may be subject to government security checks.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination and offers equal opportunities for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defence technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defence and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
For over 100 years in the UK, L3Harris has demonstrated world-class engineering, manufacturing, research and development pedigree in working with the UK government and industry partners to solve complex problems and defend against evolving threats.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert