Your next role
As a Hardware Engineer (RF) you will demonstrate previous experience of working in the RF domain and join our team to work on our next generation of Electronic Counter Measure products. You will undertake a wide range of component-level design in the development of our Electronic Warfare products. This typically includes high performance RF transceivers and power amplifiers operating from DC to 12GHz, high-speed signal processing and DC-to-DC power supply sub-systems. We use SPICE, electromagnetic and signal integrity simulators alongside Mentor Graphics tools to capture designs. A variety of RF test equipment and custom test solutions are used to verify circuit performance. We are looking for someone who has some experience in this field but is looking for the next step in their career and move into a more senior position as our team continues to grow.
We are committed to being a flexible working organisation, and willing to consider flexible working hours for some of our roles. Part time work will also be considered.
We are offering a 10% sign on bonus for this position.
Please discuss upon your application or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a query.
What the role will involve
If you join our team of dedicated experts, the responsibilities of your role will include the following:
- Input into the design and quality of complex electronic sub-systems.
- Design, implementation and verification of complex RF sub-systems used within high performance software-defined radio systems.
- Collaboration with support functions and wider engineering disciplines e.g. software, firmware, PCB and mechanical engineering.
- Estimation, planning and execution of work to build business confidence, report progress and deliver projects.
What you’ll bring
The role of Hardware Engineer (RF) require some of the following experience and skills, it is not essential to have experience with all:
- RF and analogue circuit design, simulation, implementation and verification.
- Broadband power amplifier and transmit/receive switch design
- RF transmit/receive cascade design and analysis.
- EM and large-signal RF simulation experience.
- Good understanding of the electronics component market and current offerings.
- Integration and test of PCB assemblies and systems.
- Requirements elicitation and management.
- Communication and collaboration.
At L3Harris, we value and appreciate everything our people do for us, and offer a really attractive package. A few of our benefits are:
- Flexible working hours and hybrid working where possible
- 3.5 hour day on Fridays – finish before 12pm!
- Pension scheme of up to 7% employer contribution
- 25 days holiday per year, increasing with long service and with the opportunity to buy/sell
- Private medical insurance
- Flexible opt-in extras such as a health care cash plan, dental insurance, gym membership, critical illness cover and cycle to work scheme
- Training and development opportunities and support with qualifications where relevant
- Professional membership reimbursement for the IET
- Mental health and wellbeing schemes
Important to know
Many of our roles require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and may be subject to government security checks.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination and offers equal opportunities for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships