Your next role
Are you looking for an opportunity to grow and enhance your skills as a Senior Java Developer in a dynamic industry that is constantly developing and delivering innovative, next-generation capabilities?
At L3Harris, in our Intelligence & Cyber International (ICI) division, we work closely with UK Government and Security Agencies to shape and build cutting-edge solutions that combat the ever-evolving threats faced by the public and private sectors on a daily basis.
If you are successful, you will be situated at our Tewkesbury facility working alongside a high concept team to develop the next generation of cryptographic solutions. The technology being developed is in the domain of data protection at the highest level of National Security. This is a unique opportunity to work in a highly innovative and creative team, having an active role in helping to shape this ground-breaking and vital technology.
Please note, we are NOT able to offer hybrid or remote working for this role.
What the role will involve
If you were to join this team of dedicated experts, the responsibilities of your role will include the following:
- Developing innovative solutions to National Security grade cybersecurity problems
- Working alongside experts responsible for architecting world class cryptographic systems
- Working as part of a cross-functional scrum team and contributing your expertise to drive the overall success of the project
- Being an advocate for engineering best practices across the project team
What you’ll bring
- Strong knowledge of Java application development including React.js & Node.js
- Experience of UML software design methods
- Experience of Git/GitLab
- Experience of Jira and Agile Scrum techniques
- Enthusiastic and experienced in using engineering best practices, clean code and unit testing
- A can-do attitude and motivated to learn new technologies driven by the solution
At L3Harris, we value and appreciate everything our people do for us, and offer an attractive package. A few of our benefits are:
- 10% Sign on bonus
- Flexible working hours and hybrid working where possible
- 3.5 hour day on Fridays – finish before 12pm!
- Pension scheme of up to 7% employer contribution
- 25 days holiday per year, increasing with long service and with the opportunity to buy/sell
- Private medical insurance
- Flexible opt-in extras such as a health care cash plan, dental insurance, gym membership, critical illness cover and cycle to work scheme
- Training and development opportunities and support with qualifications where relevant
- Mental health and wellbeing schemes
Important to know
Many of our roles require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and may be subject to government security checks.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination and offers equal opportunities for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.