Manufacturing Engineering Manager
£60,000 - £65,000 per annum
Looking to drive manufacturing developments and processes at the heart of an innovative engineering-led business? Join a world-leading technology company that is poised for dramatic commercial growth.
NanoSUN is a game-changing engineering company pioneering the development, manufacture and commercialisation of hydrogen refuelling products. Now, as we scale up our core product offering, the mobile Pioneer Hydrogen Refuelling Station (HRS), we aim to accelerate hydrogen transportation across the UK and Europe – and play a key role in reducing carbon emissions.
You can be part of this.
As Manufacturing Engineering Manager, you’ll be a crucial business integrator at a crucial time, overseeing all aspects of production and ensuring our manufacturing processes are efficient and effective.
Working closely with the design engineering function, you’ll help to translate product design definition into an optimised manufacturable product. By applying innovation and best practice within product and manufacturing delivery frameworks, you’ll drive manufacturing developments and improve manufacturing processes and procedures – optimising manufacturing solutions for people, the business and the product itself.
- Prescribe and evaluate manufacturing processes to maximise productivity.
- Develop manufacturing processes by researching, modifying and testing methods and equipment.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analysing and planning workflow, space requirements, factory design and equipment layout.
- Assure product and process quality by designing testing methods and establishing standards.
- Provide manufacturing decision-making information including production, labour and material costs, review of production schedules and estimates of future requirements.
- Supervise, guide and develop staff, including by generating training materials.
- Manage budgets while maintaining statistical and financial records.
- Liaise with suppliers, customers and R&D staff.
- Maintain compliance with regulations, internal processes and industry best-practice.
As an experienced manufacturing/engineering professional, you have a strong understanding of the technical concepts related to manufacturing processes, including relevant knowledge of industrial equipment, materials science, automation systems and robotics, etc. In particular, we are looking for skills in the following areas:
- Dealing with complexity.
- Presenting technical information.
- Project management.
- Leadership and supervision.
- Hardware specification.
- Manufacturing methods and procedures.
- Manufacturing quality.
- Product development.
- CAD, CAD/CAM controls design.
Why Join NanoSUN?
It’s not just the sheer challenge. It’s the culture. This is a company that practices what it preaches.
So you can expect active encouragement to live sustainably, inside and outside work. We avidly promote public transport and encourage employees to use our cycle-to-work scheme. We’ve also recently introduced an EV salary sacrifice scheme, with plans to install free electric charging points at our headquarters.
We’re big on sustainable careers too. Right from the start you can expect excellent opportunities for professional development. As zero-emission innovators, we’re all about making a long-term investment in the future – and that includes yours. As we grow, you will too.
A generous benefits package comes as standard.
Start making a difference - apply today!