Team Leader - Metrology Development in Production Quality for AWE
The successful candidate will drive the delivery of Quality performance within the business area represented. Improve and enhance all aspects of Quality through engagement, diversity and development of staff, processes and performance metrics.
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary: £54,000-£75,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours.
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead, develop and line-manage the team deploying a Metrology Development service for AWE
- Set strategy on Metrology Capability
- Deliver Metrology Capability plans to establish as robust and fit for purpose
- Engage with the wider AWE team and relevant AWE stakeholders to deliver Capability including sponsorship into Projects and Programmes
- Manage Metrology Development team, ensuring delivery to schedule, task review, agreed priorities, escalation where required
- Develop business resilience within current capability
- Set standards of competence required in metrology and inspection and set out a plan of achieving the required levels that may include recruitment, training and up-skill.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
- The Company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs.
Desirable Qualifications or equivalent experience:
- Relevant degree or equivalent qualification and/or experience.
- Extensive experience including leadership
- Ability to influence stakeholders and work across the functions.
- Ability to develop and syndicate a plan from a blank sheet of paper * Delivering appropriate solutions in a cost effective and cost-efficient way.
- Creative and innovative, helping others to stretch, 'vision' and simplify the way the business is conducted.
- Good knowledge of the national and international standards for quality and business management systems.
- Risk and opportunity management *
- Technical knowledge of the configuration and certification requirements for high integrity products.