MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Embedded Integration Engineer to be involved in the development of our growing portfolio of complex electronics platforms. The portfolio ranges from advanced signal processing systems (ImageRadio), core embedded processing systems, through to safety and security critical systems.
Your role will primarily involve the early integration and test of the hardware, firmware and software that are at the core of our embedded systems. This offers a great opportunity to strongly influence the early development of the embedded system, push the latest integration and test techniques, and interact with the wider multidiscipline design teams.
Our portfolio comprises technology from all the major embedded vendors, and we are always looking to use cutting edge tools and technologies. In this role, you would be part of a strong multi-disciplined team, and would be key to delivering our current and future products.What we're looking for
Ideally educated to degree level (or equivalent qualification) with experience in the majority of the following areas:
What's in it for you?
- Analysing requirements and high-level designs to understand the overall functionality required of the integrated embedded system.
- Defining test tools to support the early integration of the design, and influencing the formal test tools to accelerate their early inception into the development cycle.
- Defining and agreeing a functional development plan to co-ordinate the delivery of the functional components (hardware, firmware, software, test tools) required to deliver incremental capability.
- Developing test tools and performing the lab based integration of the functional components to deliver the integrated embedded capability.
- Co-ordinating the overall delivery of the early-integrated embedded system to the project manager, including an ability to Configure and Document the delivery to a high professional standard.
Engineering is at heart of our business; and this role will give you an opportunity to both develop your core embedded integration and test skills, and gain a wider experience of complex systems. You will be working alongside a multidiscipline engineering team, and you will be a key part of a supportive and growing team of embedded engineers as your career expands with us. The business is committed to upskilling people through both formal training and practical experience. It is a fantastic role, in which you can develop both personally and professionally.Our benefits
Join a great team!
- *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
We are an extremely competent and highly committed team of people. We work on technologies that we're both interested in and passionate about, which makes us the best at what we do.
Of course, we all need a steer sometimes; a little guidance and advice. No business does this better than MBDA. You will get the support of a mentor network, a people management community (who offer leadership support through focus groups and internationally renowned experts in leadership), peers and the team around you. We work better as a team and when you join us, you will be made to feel very welcome.
If you are great at what you do, we also want you to share your knowledge, enthusiasm and experience to help us improve where we need to.
When properly supported, we can - and do! - do extraordinary things.Why us?
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.