Bristol Together. For the future of defence.Salary:
£44k plus dependent on experience + bonus + benefitsHybrid working pattern
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working-
The amount of home working available varies depending on both the security classification of specific tasks, and on any task based requirements to use specialist onsite facilities.The opportunity:
At MBDA, we are continuing to grow our world leading missile data link capability. We have a number of exciting opportunities within our Data Link Systems organisation working from research, through the early concept phase, to full product design and production programmes, needing a range of knowledge and experience from graduate to experienced engineers.
The roles cover RF, DSP, Antenna and Modelling (both Electromagnetic and RF System level), and involve the full product lifecycle from research and concept development, through system design, integration, verification and validation.
Ideally you'll have exposure / bias towards RF technology across the full product life cycle.
Currently we are recruiting for the following roles:
- RF Systems Engineers
- RF Systems Technical Leads
- Algorithm / Modelling Systems Engineers
- Digital Signal Processing Engineers
- Antenna Engineers
You will be able to work autonomously within a multi-skilled team with a good understanding and dedication to achieving project goals. You should also have the skills to perform technical investigations, provide problem assessments, and propose design solutions within a culture of innovative thinking.What we're looking for from you:
Some of the following dependent upon role and level, all within the context of good RF communications knowledge:
What to expect:
- RF / Microwave systems knowledge
- Understanding of waveform design and implementation
- Requirements management and systems design
- Managing external suppliers with procurement team support
- Technical leadership of junior engineers
- Experience participating in, or leading design reviews across the product lifecycle
- Experience of coordinating the transition of development hardware into production, including environmental testing, qualification testing and design certification
- System level RF modelling
- System level functionality proving, Software / Firmware integration and proving
- Antenna design and / or EM modelling
- Familiarity of real-time digital signal processing for high data bandwidth systems
- Systems modelling and Autocode generation experience
- Good communication skills with the ability to produce high quality written reports and presentations to internal and external customers
You'll be joining a rapidly developing product area within MBDA, with many exciting opportunities to work on both new and established products.
Our teams have a common goal for the delivery of product design solutions that meets the customer's requirements to the schedule and cost agreed. You'll be able to significantly contribute to meeting the expectations of both MBDA and the customer.
Our projects offer you the opportunity to work with a specialist team developing and managing technically challenging technology within MBDA.
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information!Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.