General Dynamics Mission Systems UK is looking for a recently qualified Junior Hardware Engineer who wishes to develop their knowledge and skills and apply them to mission management and control systems applicable to the avionics, maritime or naval domain. This full-time hardware engineering role is based in Hastings and offers a favourable salary from £28.8k and benefits.
As an attentive and dedicated Junior Hardware Engineer, you will be assigned to one of our programme development teams or the research and development team to work on different aspects of the engineering lifecycle from initial concept to system integration, including integration with our customer and other stakeholders’ products. There will also be the opportunity to expand knowledge into other specific engineering fields, such as firmware engineering.
To succeed in this Junior Hardware Engineer role, you will need a degree-level (ideally 2.1 honours) education relevant to electronic and avionic systems and a desire to develop your knowledge and skills. You will also require a sound theoretical understanding of engineering principles and enthusiasm for one or more engineering disciplines/topics. This position is also an excellent opportunity to learn and gain experience.
In return for your dedication, collaboration and commitment, you will receive a generous salary and benefits package, joining a welcoming and inclusive culture.
To learn more and apply for this full-time Junior Hardware Engineer job in Hastings, please get in touch with General Dynamics UK today. We look forward to hearing from you!
Our Company benefits
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose, offering highly competitive benefits:
- A compressed nine-day fortnight – which means every other Friday off!
- A flexible benefits scheme - allowing you to adapt your benefits to suit yours and your family’s needs
- A personalised career development plan, alongside regular progress reviews - supporting and valuing your progression within the Company
- Professional training and development courses, both internal and external - allowing you to reach your full potential
- A flexible working environment where your contributions are recognised and rewarded, which includes compressed hours, reduced hours and job share
- A Company sports and social club, offering events at discounted prices – giving you the opportunity to meet and socialise with your fellow colleagues outside the workplace
General Dynamics Mission Systems
General Dynamics Mission Systems engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of more than 13,000 top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defence and scientific arenas. In the UK, we employ more than 1,400 people and are leading the way in avionics and communication systems. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency.
We believe in maintaining a diverse workplace - inclusive of beliefs, cultural background, job experiences, thoughts, and ideas. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we welcome you to join our inclusive team!
As part of our commitment to inclusion and diversity we welcome in particular applications from women, members of the LGBTQIA+ community and ethnic minority groups.
We are a Disability Confident Employer, as such we offer an interview to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job.
Please email email@example.com if you would like your application to be considered under the DC Scheme.