General Dynamics Mission Systems UK is looking for a skilled and talented Principal Firmware Engineer - Digital Hardware to join our inclusive and welcoming team. This full-time firmware engineering role is based in Hastings and comes with an excellent salary of £50,000-£66,000 and a fantastic benefits package.
As a Principal Firmware Engineer, you will work across the full development lifecycle on existing and new programmes. While primarily working on defence products and contracts, candidates with domain experience in adjacent areas are encouraged to apply for this role.
To give you an idea of how this digital hardware role would look and feel, these are some things you could expect to do:
- Proactively contribute to product development and advance the skills and capabilities of GDMS-UK engineering
- Oversee firmware development and verification, primarily VHDL
- Adhere to RTCA/DO-254 and other applicable standards
- Guide internal and external firmware design reviews throughout the development lifecycle
- Support system architecture discussions where the firmware is a key component of the system
To apply for this Principal Firmware Engineer role, you will need a degree-level education or equivalent and experience in the relevant domain areas. You will also require solid experience in FPGA design and implementation for complex functions, primarily using XILINX SoCs and Microsemi FPGAs. Experience in additional aspects would be beneficial:
- Proficiency in the use of VHDL, simulation tools and the generation of verification test benches
- Experience in using the XILINX Vivado toolset and supporting tools (ideal)
- Expertise in using the Microsemi Libero toolset and supporting tools (desirable)
- Good understanding of requirements capture, work package definition and effort estimation
- Some experience implementing the development guidelines set out by RTCA/DO-254 (ideal)
In return for your passion, collaborative approach and commitment, you will receive a salary of £50k-£65k and a fantastic benefits package, joining a friendly and welcoming culture.
We will consider applications for Hybrid working (with time split between home and our facility in Hastings) – we aim to be as flexible as possible so please discuss with us your preference.
Please reach out to our team today to apply for this full time Firmware Engineer position in Hastings. Click the apply link to download and read the full job description at the bottom of the page for more details.
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose, offering impressive benefits: A compressed nine-day fortnight and compressed hours - which means every other Friday off A personalized career development plan, alongside regular progress reviews - supporting and valuing your progression within the Company A flexible working environment where your contributions are recognized and rewarded with flexible benefits General Dynamics Mission Systems engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. We believe in maintaining a diverse workplace - inclusive of beliefs, cultural background, job experiences, thoughts and ideas. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we welcome you to join our inclusive team!
As part of our commitment to inclusion and diversity we welcome in particular applications from women, members of the LGBTQIA+ community and ethnic minority groups.
We are a Disability Confident Employer, as such we offer an interview to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job.
Please email email@example.com if you would like your application to be considered under the DC Scheme.