Up to £43,000 dependent on experience + bonus + benefitsHybrid working pattern
: This role is predominantly a 37 hour on site at Bolton role however on occasions and with prior management agreement working from home may be accommodated.The opportunity:
Manufacturing UK is an integral part of the Operations Directorate whose principal mission is to ensure that MBDA's deliverable commitments are met in terms of time, cost and quality.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior
Manufacturing MRP Controller
to join UK Manufacturing in Bolton to support a multi-disciplined team in the delivery of production contracts containing both production and customer support elements.The Role
What we're looking for from you:
- Assessment of task directives, new or amended orders and their effect on inventory and programmes, subsequently achieving task directive requirements
- Maintaining the manufacturing bill of materials and project manufacturing strategy.
- Management and supervision of Manufacturing Planning and Controllers employed in the planning, maintenance and delivery of platform assemblies.
- Maintaining the manufacturing production schedule for all programmes of work within the Platforms Business unit.
- Schedule all work through all the process manufacturing facilities within the Platforms business unit.
- Coordination for effective non-conformance management controls ensuring corrective action is taken by movement of hardware (eg. Assign for repair/scrap.)
- Monitor topical knowledge of inventory holdings to effectively manage and control financial implications
- Proactive involvement in the support and development of deployed staff
- Management of deployed labour performance and where appropriate use of company processes.
- Identify and implement process improvement for the business by leadership of team through working groups (CIAGs) where appropriate.
- Review potential work and support the compilation of bids & estimates.
- Manage the movements of all hardware in and out of the Platforms Business unit.
- Safeguard health & safety for deployed resources in accordance with company procedures and current legislation.
What to expect:
- Experienced and motivated Team Leader with a proven track record in delivery associated to the planning and control of production tasks within a high profile manufacturing environment.
- A natural communicator, able to build strong collaborative relationships, with experience in driving multi-functional teams and delivering to tight time-scales.
- Enthusiastic, pro-active and tenacious; you will be able to prioritise and understand strategic business needs as well as managing the day-to-day tactical decisions
- Proven track record in the application of planning and control techniques, skills in a relevant business environment.
- Knowledge of working with an MRP system or SAP would be advantageous
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.