It’s taking a moment to admire the hundreds of years you’re building on
The Royal Household has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Operations Engineer to join the team based in Buckingham Palace.
Joining a team of highly skilled property professionals, you’ll be responsible for the maintenance of the historic Royal residences. The size, complexity and heritage of the Royal residences will present you with some truly fascinating, and often unique, challenges.
Every day, like every project, will be different. Here is an idea of what you’ll be doing in the role
- Responsible for the end-to-end management of a huge range of projects, whether it’s sketching plans for residential refurbishments, modernising building services plant equipment, or preparing for a garden party, you'll ensure the highest standards are achieved in all that you oversee.
- With every new project, you’ll take a long-term view, planning for the future, modernising our systems and finding new ways to achieve great efficiencies.
- Managing day-to-day M&E maintenance tasks and service contracts, you’ll ensure the efficient operation of plant and equipment so that works are completed on time, within budget and compliance is achieved
- Leading on tender and contract management processes, you’ll make sure we’re compliant with internal procedures and statutory regulations.
- With a mixture of planned and reactive maintenance, you'll negotiate with, and meet the needs of multiple stakeholders. The delivery of these daily challenges will be vital to the continued running of our historic buildings.
- Qualified in a relevant discipline with broad M&E experience, and a proven ability to deliver a varied portfolio of work, you’re the expert we need.
- You know how to lead projects and consider statutory compliance and risk, whilst being aware of cost control and contract management.
- Highly organised, you'll be confident managing a number of different projects across the estate and with multiple deadlines.
- You’re a logical and innovative problem solver too, able to suggest pragmatic solutions and keep calm under pressure.
- With a naturally collaborative approach, you can quickly build positive relationships with colleagues and external contractors alike.
- What’s more, you enjoy motivating a team.
- Experience of managing and maintaining historic buildings would prove an advantage, but it’s not essential.
- Computer literate and with strong administrative skills, you'll be able to use Microsoft tools and CAD software to deliver your varied workload.
Permanent, 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday