MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence.Salary:
Up to £40,000 dependent on experience plus bonus and benefitsHybrid working pattern
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working -
such as an element of remote working with consideration to the business needs for a robust level of shop floor support.The opportunity:
As a Senior Process Engineer within the Printed Circuit Board PCBA manufacturing facility your focus will be to ensure that our products are built efficiently, with state of the art equipment and processes that you will take ownership of. Current programmes will need to be maintained whilst also introducing new products - all to time, cost and quality objectives. Keeping a finger on the pulse of emerging technologies.
You will utilise your experience and expertise to solve problems, develop and implement objectives whilst working towards short-term and long-term business improvements.What we're looking for from you:
Role requirements (skills, training and qualifications)
- Ensure processes and equipment contribute to a safe working environment following both company processes and legal obligations.
- Develop and maintain manufacturing methods to provide a robust and repeatable manufacturing system.
- Interpret CAD data and design requirements to generate machine programs/processes which meet the design intent.
- Project manage equipment procurement or upgrade from selection through to installation, commissioning and specification of maintenance requirements.
- Conduct cost/benefit analysis for changes to processes and/or equipment.
- Drive departmental improvement in order to make a positive impact on time, cost and quality of the processes within your sphere of influence.
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives run by the Quality Engineering function to investigate root cause of non-conformance and implement robust corrective actions.
- Monitor process and equipment capability to identify and reduce product quality issues caused by process variation.
- Utilise lean-manufacturing principles and tools to understand process weaknesses, mitigate issues, improve capability/capacity and reduce overall cost.
- Produce and maintain documentation such as requirement specifications, operating procedures, maintenance schedules, training records, risk assessments and FMEA's
- Build and work collaboratively with multiple departments across the business and suppliers.
- Provide support/training to operations staff and peers to enable effective use of equipment and processes.
- Ensure new products are introduced methodically to ensure they can be manufactured right first time, every time.
- Liaise with the design authority during the product prototype/development phase, to ensure optimised Design for Manufacture.
What to expect:
- Formal technical Engineering/Craft Apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21.
- Formal further education certificate to HNC or equivalent in a relevant subject. OR
- BEng in relevant Engineering Degree Ability to work with minimal supervision both individually and as part of a team.
- Experience or a strong working knowledge of electronic assembly equipment and processes such as; solder paste application, SMT/SMA pick & place, AOI/SPI, reflow soldering, PTH assembly and X-Ray.
- Understanding of PCBA ruggedisation processes such as underfill and conformal coating.
- Knowledge of collaborative robotics would be desirable.
- The following training would be beneficial: IPC J Std-001, IPC-610, manual handling and ESD.
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities!
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.