Stevenage MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence.Salary:
up to £55,000 on experience + bonus + benefitsHybrid working pattern
: Predominately office based with some option of Hybrid working.
Working on fast-moving projects to develop and evaluate navigation algorithms. Researching, developing, testing and evaluating algorithms as part of the wider complex system solution.
The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic team within the Guidance, Control and Navigation Department and will get the opportunity to work across a range of contract and research activities hence impact multiple areas of deliveries within MBDA.
Navigation algorithms are central to the design and development of MBDA's complex guided weapon systems products. Algorithms are developed at many stages of the lifecycle of the product including:
What we're looking for
- Research studies, both externally and internally funded, to investigate algorithms for future developments
- Algorithms to support initial missile feasibility and concept studies
- Algorithms in support of assessment and development programmes
- Algorithms to support upgrades for in-service products.
What's in it for you?
- Strong programming skills are required including MATLAB
- Ideally PhD qualified and with relevant industrial experience or Degree with a strong mathematical content e.g. Aerospace Engineering, Control Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics
- Previous demonstrable programming, real-time implementation, validation & verification and navigation experience.
- Relevant experience with the state-of-the-arts navigation algorithms, Navigation Algorithm design, comparative evaluation and testing is a strong advantage.
- You will gain in-depth knowledge of the design and functionality of MBDA's complex weapon systems through your model development work. You will understand how GCN supports our weapon system products and gain insight into a number of related disciplines with whom we have a high level of interactions
Please note that we are currently recruiting for a number of Projects including FCAS/Tempest.What to expect:
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.