A Fantastic Engineering Opportunity To ‘Power The Transition To A Carbon Free Future’
Powersystems is a leading a high voltage engineering company specialising in electrical power infrastructure, grid connections and renewable generation.
Recruiting for: HV Electrical Commissioning Engineer
Competitive salary dependent on qualifications and experience
This exciting opportunity to join our team has been created because of our continued success and expansion within the marketplace, in particular the renewable energy industry. We are looking to recruit an experienced HV electrical Commissioning Engineer; the role will involve travel within the UK and the willingness to work flexibly out of your standard hours as and when required.
Duties and responsibilities of the role include:
- Liaising with the Commissioning manager and project engineers to produce and develop commissioning plans and provide technical input to the design and drawing approval process
- Plan and carry out electrical testing and commissioning work in a safe manner, always adhering to health and safety procedures
- Manage the interface between Powersystems, the client and DNO commissioning engineers
- Liaise with manufacturers on commissioning issues and attend FAT tests
- Carry out onsite, pre and post energisation commissioning of substation equipment including transformers, tap-changers, switchgear, and protection relays to ensure Powersystems projects are delivered to the highest standards
- Produce commissioning reports, test documentation and update drawings to as built status
- Project a professional image to clients and colleagues
- Contribute to the future success of Powersystems and its clients
- Gained relevant experience of commissioning activities within the electrical contracting or utility industries
- Educated to a minimum HNC level in electrical or electronic engineering
- Robust technical electrical engineering knowledge within the power sector with experience of commissioning including:
- Primary / secondary injection testing
- Relay programming and configuration (Micom, Sepam, Siemens, ABB)
- AC and DC pressure testing
- Cable testing (VLF, fault tracing and location)
- Switchgear and transformer testing
- Flexible and organised to manage workload to meet deadlines
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work proactively on own or as part of a team
- Full UK driving licence
- Right to Work within the UK without limitation
- Open to change, resilient and proactive
- Must be available to travel on work related business throughout the UK with occasional overnight stays
Salary and benefits:
- Highly competitive salary depending on experience and qualifications
- Pension contribution
- Private health insurance
- Car allowance scheme or company vehicle provided
- 25 days annual holiday plus paid public holidays
- Benefit from company profit share as a partner in our business
Powersystems UK is an Employee-Owned business and has a keen interest in the well-being and success of all its employees. We will encourage and empower you to be imaginative, share your great ideas and be involved in the future success of our business.
Everyone is welcome at Powersystems. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone has a voice and where you feel confident being yourself. We’re committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We’d like our future workforce to have an equal gender balance, represent a broad mix of people from minority ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQ+, those with a disability and supporting social mobility.
We offer a positive and rewarding working environment, relaxed in terms of some of our approaches, yet highly professional with excellent support mechanisms in place to develop your knowledge and career. If you believe that you have what it takes to power our future together then we wish to hear from you.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.