£40,000 to £50,000 dependent on experience + bonus + benefits Hybrid working pattern
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working The opportunity:
MBDA are at the forefront of the one of the most exciting and challenging programmes within Defence - to design and deliver a Future Combat Air Systems (FCAS) / Tempest for the RAF and international partners in record time. This is your opportunity to be at the heart of this once in a generation, transformational initiative.
The FCAS Acquisition Programme is currently in a concept stage and MBDA are shaping the FCAS Systems-of-System (SoS) in order deliver an integrated sixth generation capability that will enable operational advantage decades into the future. As part of this, you will get to understand Weapon Effects Domain concepts, the key enabling technologies, and how these will integrate into FCAS.
You will be part of a high performing, cohesive, multi-disciplinary team (includes Human Factors, Safety, Security, Software, Systems et.al.) that is openly learning from one another. Your curiosity and willingness to learn will be fostered by a team that has a breadth of different levels and areas of experience. This motivated and self-organising team is committed to value-driven delivery and strives for continual improvement. What could you achieve:
What we're looking for from you:
- Define a 6th generation combat air-systems capability for the Effects Domain.
- Develop an architecture that realises integrated MBDA products and services within the Future Combat Air System (FCAS).
- An understanding of FCAS & TEMPEST as a capability, Systems-of-Systems, Product or Service.
- Work across multiple internal MBDA activities and collaborated with industry partners (UK & International).
- Understand how MBDA products and services influence future operational tactics and challenges in combat-air.
- Work as part of a team embracing agile ways of working that incrementally improves our ways of working.
We have a number of roles and opportunities, so we are interested in individuals that have prior experience or a passion to develop in the following areas:
- Systems Engineers that will drive robust development approaches from cradle to grave, developing Design for X (DfX) strategies (Cost, Quality, Safety, Security, HFI Certification etc.) and ensuring these are embedded in the overall systems design
- Systems Thinkers that will look at end-to-end mission, operational and non-operational problems in order to influence holistic concepts, solutions and trade studies.
- Systems Architects that develop candidate architecture and analyse them to provide robust, resilient solutions for various competing stakeholder.
- Requirements Engineers that capture user needs, define what products and services must provide, and manage these throughout the systems design.
You would be joining a team that embraces model-based approaches and new ways of working, so a growth mindset will be key to your success in your role. What to expect:
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances!