Location: Kendal, Cumbria
Package: Competitive Salary (dependent on experience) + benefits such as flexible working, generous pension scheme and much more
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Chief Engineer to join our well-established engineering organisation in the Hydro Industry delivering innovative, single source solutions to the small Hydropower & High Horsepower Engine Markets. The successful candidate will play a vital role in managing and delivering the engineering project lifecycle, driving positive change, and shaping the future of Hydro.
You will work effectively as part of the senior management team and manage all engineering resources to deliver multiple projects through design, build and commission. We are looking for an experienced Chartered Engineer to optimise our professional engineering service in support of the Company’s strategic goals. To do this, we are looking for the following qualifications and skills:
- High calibre individual who has worked in the hydro industry or for a utility company.
- Extensive experience of chairing peer reviews & developing experience across the team.
- Experience in competency development & training frameworks.
- Proven engineering professional in a relevant discipline.
- Strong communication skills.
- Able to bring people on a change journey.
- Hands-on approach.
- Experience of managing technical risks.
- Ideally from the hydro industry but not essential, we would welcome applications from those with transferable experience.
- Good knowledge of Engineering & safety standards.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.