How can you apply your cable expertise and make a difference on the journey to Net Zero?
You’ll play a key role involved with some big projects such as digitalising our asset intelligence and our strategic spares requirement. You’ll get to implement improvement initiatives to maintain resilience and reliability of the electricity network.
As the subject matter expert you’ll be responsible for underground cable transmission systems asset management. You’ll take the lead on assessing the risk to the built network, using prescribed methods for asset health, identifying and demonstrating a robust needs case for maintenance. Cable systems are still evolving, you’ll lead on developing and improving our cable transmissions systems, specifications and policies with a continuous improvement mindset.
You’ll also be involved with activities such as supporting innovation, input into research with actionable feedback from EPRI (Electric Power Research Institute) be involved with procurement events such as tender evaluations, mentoring of team members and technical advice.
What you’ll need
A minimum HND in an Engineering discipline with demonstrable knowledge of cable transmission systems. A proven track record of delivering projects within timescales. Using, interpreting and writing technical specifications and policies with excellent attention to detail. Strong experience of managing multiple stakeholders. Desirable STEM degree or equivalent – Electrical Bias. Institute of Asset Management “Principles of Asset Management” certificate.
• A salary of £51,130 to £64,999 pa + Benefits package + Training and Development.
• Enhance holiday package 25 days annual leave plus 8 statutory days.
• The option to buy additional or sell holiday days.
• Generous contributory pension scheme - we will double-match your contribution to a maximum company contribution of 12%. Overall 18%.
• Financial support to help cover the cost of professional membership subscriptions, course fees, books, exam fees and time off for study leave – relevant to your role.
• Access to flexible benefits such as a share incentive plan, salary sacrifice car and technology schemes, support via employee assistance lines and matched charity giving to name a few.
• Family care benefits including a back-up care service for when your usual care arrangements fall through (six paid days each year as standard with the option to purchase further days).
• Access to apps that support health, fitness and wellbeing.
Apply for immediate consideration.