AWE has new opportunities for Electronics Engineers with electronics hardware design and firmware experience, who are at various stages of their careers, wishing to specialise in the design and development of low-powered sensor-based systems within a diverse R&D environment.
Exciting and unique development opportunities.
Warhead Electronics Engineers
Location: Reading / Basingstoke Area (office based)
Salary: £42,650 - £67,400 (depending on your suitability and level of experience)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
Market leading contributory pension scheme
Generous holiday entitlement 270 hours a year (inclusive of Bank Holidays) plus every other Friday off
Flexible working hours
Salary sacrifice scheme
Funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body
AWE Life Insurance
Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
Supporting the work of our Warhead Engineering team, key responsibilities will be the development of concept designs through to customer demonstration of operational prototypes.
Proven experience in electronics design is essential (one or more of the following; analogue, digital, battery/low power, or optical) and experience of firmware engineering is desirable.
In growing our capability across these areas, we will also be looking to grow your skills and knowledge as an engineer with opportunities for development and progression across our programmes of work.
If you think you have what it takes to engineer the extraordinary and directly shape the future of our nuclear deterrent, apply now for a role to help with:
- Designing, building and testing novel solutions to solve technical challenges in a security-based framework
- Designing low power products utilising MSP/STM platforms
- Leading the design and development of products to time and cost
- Utilising experience in SPICE simulation and ECAD tools to deliver hardware at all life cycle phases from 'cradle to grave'
- Support integration of products into wider systems
- Inspiring and developing our engineers and scientists of the future
- Safeguarding our nation by ensuring our deterrent is credible, effective and safe, today and into the future
To be considered for the role, we require candidates to hold a degree qualification and/or extensive experience in electronic engineering, working in a similar environment and possess strong communication skills.
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.